Barn Finds - Many Items Now Sold

Rory's Dad

About a week ago I was asked to journey deep into West Yorkshire and to see if club wanted the following bits and pieces. They were (most of) what was left after a former member built a Westy in his father in law's barn. The car itself has gone, the son-in-law has divorced the farmer's daughter (or the other way around) and the farmer wants the back bit of his barn back. That sounds like a sad story but it isn't really. The farmer is a lovely bloke and just wants this stuff to go to a decent home and not into a skip. His ex son-in law, who now lives at the opposite end of the country, is absolutely happy with this course of action too.

Did I get it for nothing? No, I agreed to make a decent contribution to an agriculturally based charity at the farmer's request. and any profit that's made will go in the Yorkshire WSCC Club fund.

I have already offered this stuff to Yorkshire members - they've had their pick and so I'm now offering what's left to the club as a whole.

4 wheels and tyres - £200 now sold on Ebay

5 spoke alloys (no brand name), Ford fitment, ET38, Kuhmo Ecsta tyres 195/50R15, 4 - 5mm tread

2 Polo sized radiators - £15 each one sold to wscc member

1 is 30mm thick, the other is 20mm. Plus one free ali duct,

Washer bottle, pump and bracket - £5 now sold on Ebay

Ford Pinto parts - £20 sold to wscc member

bare engine block, head with valves and springs, head gasket and a camshaft

Pair of crimson cycle wings - £40 now sold on Ebay

Drilled for brackets

Crimson bootbox - £20 sold to wscc member

trimmed for roll bar and safety belt mountings

Trims to top of back panel and cockpit sides - £15 sold to wscc member

Black vinyl over aluminium

One Westfield upholstered race seat - £150 (these are £233 new) now sold on Ebay

Black vinyl, crimson piping but no brackets, still in its polythene packing

Set of standard springs - £5 now sold on Ebay

One pair of 9" white and one pair of 8" black

Big bag of closed end rivets - £5

plus a mixed bag of nuts and bolts free

Set 16 closed end wheel nuts, Ford fitment - £5

plus four more and two and two at no extra cost

Flywheel, two clutch plates and a clutch cover (I guess for the Pinto) - £50

One clutch plate is still in its box, AP Racing CP2511-1, about £118

Distributer, set Bosch plug leads and a pair of battery leads - £5

no idea what from

Box of bits (many unused) - £15 now sold on Ebay

Engine and gearbox mounts, alternator brackets, long diff stud, etc.

Another box of bits - £30

Clutch pedal, clutch cable, set Momo pedal facings, 2 pedal rubber facings, hydraulic cylinder, pair 350 mm flexible brake hoses, Sierra handbrake cable.

Box of blue foam blocks (3"cube, 57 off) - £5 now sold on Ebay

for packing your sprint fuel tank

All prices exclude post and packing. To make it easy for me I would really prefer you to pick up from here in Harrogate or at the Fox and Grapes at our October meeting. If you can't do that, please organise the WSCC or a commercial courier service to pick it up or, as a last resort, I could pack the stuff up and post it for which you will have to pay at cost.

I'm not going to split any of these lots, or negotiate on price. This is not my stuff so no guarantees about anything, there will be no returns - the risks are all yours. First come first served.

You'll probably want a photograph or two or have some questions. Please PM your email address and I'll see what I can do. After a few days I'll put what's left on Ebay. Payment by cash, cheque or directly into my bank account. I don't do PayPal and dare not ask my wife - i'm sure you'll understand.

Rory's Dad

Any idea of the springs ratings

Are they 60mm ID

Steve

I would be interested in the wheel nuts if they are chrome and you are willing to post them. i live in Sussex so distance is a problem. willing to pay P&P.

Any idea of the springs ratings

Are they 60mm ID

Steve

The springs have an ID of 50mm - I think they are 'standard' but have no idea of their ratings.

Rory's Dad

The following items are sold subject to payment

30mm Polo rad

trims

bootbox

Pinto parts

There is some on-going interest in some other parts

I'll be putting the remainder on ebay shortly

Thanks everyone

Rory's Dad

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.