Parking Enforcement Notice - Trespass

Vinny's Westie

I

Vinnie, if they continue to harass you

Proserve Enforcement Solutions Ltd was registered on 25/5/2012 and has two directors, Stephen John Duff & Karen Dawn Duff

I am absolutely certain that Bidwells are unaware of the tactics used by PES/Duff, email Patrick McMahon, senior partner, his contact details are here, explain the situation, mention Duff's history on MoneySavingSupermarket and Pepipoo (both read by thousands, daily) and ask if Bidwells really think that associating their organisation with known villains is in their interest.

Thanks Fat Albert for that, I have just emailed him and explained the situation and the fact that as a Board Director of the Freight Transport Association I would expect them to take the matter seriously. We'll wait and see what comes next, keep you all posted.

I haven't seen anything to persuade me that the DVLA isn't contravening the data protection act by sharing our names and addresses, here are two of the key principles:

• Data may only be used for the specific purposes for which it was collected.
  • Data must not be disclosed to other parties without the consent of the individual whom it is about, unless there is legislation or other overriding legitimate reason to share the information (for example, the prevention or detection of crime)..

There are 6 'Schedule 2' conditions , at least one of which needs to be the case, I won't list them here, but this use of the data is not covered by any of them..

How are we ever supposed to support concepts like ID cards when our own government will support reckless distribution of our data to scam merchants at £2.50 a go...

• 6 years later...

Do not pay proserve enforcement agency. This is based on true facts.

1. Proserve Enforcement Agency do not obtain your details from DVLA and DVLA do not work with Proserve

2. Proserve with use mob style techniques to get you to pay them money, they will never take you to court
3. Proserve are not official parking enforcement officers as they are not registered

4. Should you feel threatened or intimidated by Proserve Enforcement Agency. call 999 immediately and tell them that the police have been called.

On 04/10/2012 at 21:28, jim_l said:

Data must not be disclosed to other parties without the consent of the individual whom it is about, unless there is legislation or other overriding legitimate reason to share the information (for example, the prevention or detection of crime)

Now the thread is resurrected...

I imagine the crime in question here is trespass so I suspect the Data Protection Law isn't being broken.

Recognising and appreciating the good will and boundless knowledge of our members, please be aware that the WSCC is a car club and cannot be held responsible for any legal advice given in these open forums.

Please do your own due diligence and seek the further advice of a professional by engaging with them formally outside of these forums as necessary.

Thanks folks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Recognising and appreciating the good will and boundless knowledge of our members, please be aware that the WSCC is a car club and cannot be held responsible for any legal advice given in these open forums.

Please do your own due diligence and seek the further advice of a professional by engaging with them formally outside of these forums as necessary.

Thanks folks.

And whilst I am here, purely for the sake of discussion and not in any way to be construed as boat rocking..., do these posts qualify as advice or opinion? I'm guessing if anyone had said "my advice is..." makes that unequivocal but where that isn't explicit is there a possibility it could be argued that what is read here is actual legal advice or opinion?

Fair call; either way the message is clear, whilst it's all positive, helpful and welcomed on here and nothing wrong in that whether advice, suggestion, collective opinion, link to another source of information or personal view, please do ensure you seek advice from a professional as required.