Raf Wittering Track Day 22Nd July

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Had an absolutely cracking day and only made better by the sunshine!

Great to meet Cleggy, Tony, Kevin and quite a few more top blokes. Pleasantly surprised by the layout and perfect for the Westfields and other sevenesque cars on show.

Actually took adavantage (for a change) of the tuition on offer from John, an ARDS examiner and sports car racer. Nice guy and £20 very well spent.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• housebeautician

• kevip6

• Indy

A great day out

really enjoyed myself even though the car was falling to bits :laugh:

Nice to meet a few new faces

Had a fantastic Day and I didn't brake it this time :t-up:

Good weather and a good group of people what more could u ask for

Kev...........

whats happened to your car now tony? :p Dan

Front and rear ARB's broke or bent

Cycle wings broken

front no plate busted after i hit a bollard :blush:

and knackered tyres after giving it wellie all day

But despite this a fun day :t-up:

have you though about the way forward with the anti roll bars?

I would seriousley consider ditching the Westfield front and rear ARB's .....

Either way the cars needs to go back to Troy for a setup

thanks guys for the rides,had a great day,lindy says thanks to me :arse: for spoiling the piccy of her tiger and trust me to show off my engine again see you soon :d

Hey Cleggy, good to meet up again after the North Weald event, this was 10 times better. Good weather, good company , a very good circuit that suited the Westy's and lots of track time. Thanks for the loan of the gaffer tape, i have got more stones in my car than ever before. Lets do it again if there is the opportunity at Wittering. Oh and thanks for the photo of my car.

cosmick

must admit Mick I was surprised to see you (pleasantly :d ) I didn't know you was coming along

glad you had a good day :t-up: - you would have liked Cottesmoore even more - hoping they re-open the venue ???

half doors keep much of the stones out

Tony, I am no race car engineer, but snapping or bending the ARB's is a bit of a no no. Perhaps a call to troy to ask why this is so that you can make decisions on what to do.

Bollard, with nthe number plate.....that sounds like a lock up and sail on moment, do tell old chap?

I was watching the entrees building and thought i might have a go. when the weather forecast started to look good i signed up but only on Thursday before the weekend so i was a late entry. This was a bit of a journey for me as i live in Eastbourne and i think Cottismore is even further but i might consider it. i will keep an eye on what track days are being booked. cheers for now.

Hi mark

You got it in one

lots of understeer and an over enthusiastic right foot bought about the demise of the no plate.

May bell Troy later

Tony

want see what we look like from a gliders perspective?