What Are The Steering/suspension Geometry Settings?

Norman Verona

I keep seeing these and related questions and thought it time for those in the know to draw up a chart.

well done Westy, just what's needed.

Thank you, I'll now know where to point people.

• 2 months later...

Norman,

I knew I had seen it somewhere before, try:

http://westfield-wor...suspension.html

There's pretty pics at the bottom of the page...

Does this help.. ???

Westy1800

Thanks this is very useful information & very well presented, are all the settings made with the car on stands, the car on the ground or on the ground + the driver?

Cheers

The suspension adjustment should be with the car on the ground and with the driver in the drivers seat. I usually load some bags of cement in the drivers seat to simulate my weight. Actually far too many bags

• Like 1

Don't let the wife see you doing that.it will give her ideas on how much weight she needs to hold you under when she fits you up for some mafia boots.

• Like 1

Norman,

I knew I had seen it somewhere before, try:

http://westfield-wor...suspension.html

There's pretty pics at the bottom of the page...

Does this help..???

Westy1800

Hmm those seem a little weird for base settings

• 1 year later...

Hmm those seem a little weird for base settings

Out of interest...what is weird about them...and where would you have improved them ?

Cheers

They look like settings for a road car. It is quite high ground clearance, particularly at the front. In my limited experience, more like 25mm. of "wedge" effect, and with more like 145 mm ground clearance at the front of the chassis is "normal". But for a wholely or mainly road car you might want more clearance. Oh, and for sprinting you'd want a bit of toe-out at the front, not toe in.

Otherwise I can't see it as being an unreasonable starting point.

• 3 years later...

Apologies for dragging up an old topic, but i have my car booked in for a "pre-iva mot" at the end of the week and am hoping to get the suspension set-up.  Do the baseline settings in the linked website fulfill the necessary criteria for the iva, i.e. self centering, or are there different settings that need to be considered for this?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

9 hours ago, Nosbod said:

Apologies for dragging up an old topic, but i have my car booked in for a "pre-iva mot" at the end of the week and am hoping to get the suspension set-up.  Do the baseline settings in the linked website fulfill the necessary criteria for the iva, i.e. self centering, or are there different settings that need to be considered for this?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Chris,

Here's the S2000 "baseline"

Car Suspension Set-Up Sheet Honda S2000 widetrack.docx

Craig

I was advised not to do before IVA as ride height for IVA may not give optimum handling etc.

only toe, camber and ride height are adjustable. The self centrering isn’t really affected by these. It’s a feature of the chassis / suspension design. 

My IVA tester commented when he drove the car ‘I can feel an attempt to self centre’.

some suggest tyre pressure can help here

• 2 years later...