Bmw 530D M Sport - What Ya Reckon Peeps

Cleggy the Spyder Man

engineering excellence, you can't beat the Germans for that I'm afraid to say.

There may be a few Spitfire pilots who wouldn't agree with you.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• s2rrr

• Norman Verona

well I have done it :-)

will spill the beans later

In reality, what are the chances of another winter like the year before last, the last one I can sort of remember was in the 60's when I was in short pants, so in reality a once/twice in a lifetime event. I've never seen -17'c before except wind chills offshore. If its that bad don't go out or take the Mrs's motor.

Have you bought it yet Cleggy

Bob :d

Exactly Bob. I've done the big 4x4 route and loved it. Was lucky to be one of the smug Gits tootling round in a Disco during the last really bad snow. But hand on heart I'd have to say that most of the reason the car was shrugging it off was the tyres not the four wheel drive.

the options were to go for a 530d m sport with professional media which was 100 odd miles away - this car was ok spec wise but far from fully kitted (the one I looked at the other day) or a standard 530d but with lots and lots of extras which was available locally

In the end I went for the local car - was a couple of grand cheaper than the sport version

the spec is very nice IMO:

8 speed sport automatic gearbox with the flappy paddles and sport mode

Tailgate operation - whatever that is?

extended storage - whatever that is?

anthracite wood with allumnium trim - interior

Sport front seats - fully electric and heated - with lumbar support

mirrors - folding and dimming - the wing mirrors even angle down when you select reverse so you can see down the side of the car - I liked that

Reversing camera - with 4 point camera view and radar style sensers

Upgraded loudspeaker system - bmw business

visibility package - I believe that includes zenons plus headlights that angle when you turn the wheels - not sure what else?

media package - bmw professional - large 10inch screen - split screen viewing - sat nav - internet - plus all the phone and music stuff catered for - voice control etc

privacy glass - sun protection glass

19" wheels - v-spoke

dynamic package - sports and comfort settings for the suspension

black dakota leather interior

negotiated a 5 year service package (from date of reg) so I have nearly 4 years

sport stearing wheel

run flat tyres :cry:

roof rails

left and right camera in front bumper to help you see out of T junctions - might come in handy once a year ???

bmw assist - if you have an accident or break down just press a button and they will come find you ???

pick it up next bank holiday Monday - will be a shame to see the scooby go but I wont miss the 20ish mpg

6658655d.jpg

8e5a02ff.jpg

c61253a0.jpg

thanks for all the input :t-up:

Looks very nice, spectacular spec too! Well done on the deal. I suspect the Dynamic Package is as good as the handling pack side of a standard MSport anyway. (My last two have had it and in Sport mode are better than the M Sport I had without the package.)

Nice colour too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

well must admit after 3 days of ownership the car just keeps growing on me

it is comfy, smooth, handles well for a biggy and is epically quick for such a large unassuming looking motor - oh and it sounds good too when you give it some beans - the gearbox is smooth and I am getting about 39-40mpg so far

the attention to detail is just astounding and I keep finding things that make me smile - so far so good

Great to hear, glad you like it.

Nice car cleggy

Look forward to a ride in it

Nice to see you all the other day.

Sounds like your getting old cleggy boy!

Very nice.

The performance / economy and refinement of modern diesels makes them hard to beat for the everyday runabout.

Will you be fitting a tow hook?

nice one Cleggy, after owning a series of beemer diesels I can hightly recommend getting them remapped,gains from those things are staggering! can also put you in touch with the guy that has done my remapps for the last 7 years or so, he is down south too :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

Personally I wouldn't risk mapping something that is already probably quick enough, in warranty and will have had months and months of work put into it by BMW technicians. It also has the complexity of sequential turbos, pulsed multi-stage fuel injection and electronic torque control for the gearbox.

I think it was one thing 'chipping' a simple old school turbo diesel but on these latest generation diesels its not, IMHO, the area for a man in a shed to be tinkering with.

I'd sooner put any extra money into changing the runflats or a set of winter wheels and tyres.

@David - yes tow hook being fitted in a couple of weeks - seem to be getting about 39mpg at the moment on my daily commute to work which is only 8 miles each way plus a few other longer trips so pleased with that

@Jeff - thanks Jeff - must admit this car for me is all about the sedate drive and more reasonable running costs rather than the performance - I certainly would not want to invalidate the warranty or reduce MPG - I reckon you must be on a commission for your chap :laugh::p

nice one Cleggy, after owning a series of beemer diesels I can hightly recommend getting them remapped,gains from those things are staggering! can also put you in touch with the guy that has done my remapps for the last 7 years or so, he is down south too :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

Cars that have been remapped now flag up on the BMW diagnostic equipment, which is connected directly to BMW UK. The dealers then have to contact BMW before they can proceed with any warranty work. Just so you know.