Knockhill Track Day - 19Th August 2012

GreigM

I have now confirmed with Knockhill that they will provide an EXCLUSIVE WSCC session during their Hot Hatch day day on Sunday 19th August 2012.

The day runs from 9am-5pm, we will be session #3 (out of up to 6 sessions). Each session gets 10-15 minutes on track at a time.

The cost for track time, is a very-low £55 - there is also a per-person entry fee of £10 (free for season-ticket holders, there are also concession and family discounts), so £65 gets you in and on-track.

Minimum 20 cars, maximum 30.

The day is also their "Total Jap Car" themed day, which is one of the best attended days of the year - there will be lots of show-cars, tons of track action (not just us), the Knockhill Calendar Girls, burger vans, lunchtime drag and drift competitions etc etc, so it will be a very full day out.

We have been asked to pay Knockhill in advance by 1st August, therefore I will collect the list of names on that day and forward to knockhill.

The intention in running this session is to provide a safe,enjoyable and affordable track day which suits like-minded drivers and caters for new and experienced drivers alike.

Therefore if you would like to take part, please show your interest below, and to confirm your place just book online and let me know when thats done.

Please also mention this to any other 7/kit clubs ( borders se7eners etc) you think may be interested...

******Only 4 spaces remaining in WSCC session************

Please add name to list when booked!:

GreigM (paid)

Ziplob (paid)

Andrew (paid)

mi7rennie(paid)

JeffC(paid)

Terryathome(paid)

W Shep (paid)

kev91(paid)

Matta(paid)

theprisoner(paid)

Ciprian (paid)

Irrotational (jock7s) (paid)

JimM (paid)

BordersNev (paid)

BigFoot(paid)

Nicks100(paid)

MacRosky(paid)

Steve Smith (paid)

Neil Lawson (paid)

Ahmed Hafez (paid)

David Brown (paid)

Kevin Doherty (paid)

Frank Donaghy (paid)

ray with the sonic (paid)

Deanoecosse (paid)

Mark Loy (Paid)

Payment Details:

To book, simply go here:

http://trackdays.kno...event.php?e=571

And if you don't have a season pass book the £65 non-season pass option (£55 for track time, £10 entry) - they will have a list of names at the gate for entry..

or call knockhill on 01383 723337

Spaces are now running out and we have more interest than spaces, so please book ASAP and let me know.

• Like 1

So just for clarity we are talking 10-15 minutes roughly every hour 9-5 less probably an hour for lunch when the track closes? Is this a day when they are running the correct way round or one of the reverse circuits?

Steve

• Like 1

So just for clarity we are talking 10-15 minutes roughly every hour 9-5 less probably an hour for lunch when the track closes? Is this a day when they are running the correct way round or one of the reverse circuits?

Steve

Yes, roughly every hour you get 10-15 mins...just depends on how many other cars turn up for track time. I tend to find on these days you will get a total of 6 to 7 sessions, which can equate to between 60 and 70 laps....which is plenty for a single day.

Greig, put my name down.

I will have the car running at its peak and not as it is at present by then. Cooling may be an issue though, but I will see what the first sessions brings and see how hard I can push it thereafter.

I can pop down from Douglas to Hamilton some night if you want paid in cash.

Fraser

that sounds good to me, 3 weeks before the wedding, i'm sure it will be fine! :)

I am in.. if I survive Applecross :-)

Craig

I'd like to get involved but honestly would need some tuition and track practice before the 'big day'..

Greig put me down, track day cherry popping time!

Edited by Leftfield

I'd like to get involved but honestly would need some tuition and track practice before the 'big day'..

I wouldn't worry too much about that, I imagine the majority will have limited or no track experience, so you certainly won't be alone.

One of the advantages of Knockhill is that its so short you can learn it in 1 session, and the sessions are deliberately kept short to prevent you overcooking your car/experience.

As before, I go to many trackdays in a year, so if you want to come along to get a feel for it you're welcome any time - I'll next be up on the 22nd April.