Fia Cut Off/kill Switch

Cornwallfrank

48 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Thanks Deanspoors, :yes:

I take you suffered no negative effects from doing so?

Nope, none. It's a good way to make sure your battery doesn't go flat either :d 

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

Iam thinking of doing the same to stop battery drain when left for weeks. 
Other than the fia cut out switch what else do I require?

Heavy duty cables to extend the battery connection to the switch and back. Make sure the switch comes with a shunt resistor, most decent quality ones do.

Then it's just extra cable, to wire in the ecu/engine cut and the shunt to ground when the switch is activated.

- Got to confess, while I don't want one in the cockpit, it was very handy when I had one on the last car. - any engine service work, you could just leave the key out/off, and 95% of the engine bay was isolated from power.

• Thanks 1

As Dave said, go for a good quality one. Fitted mine just in front of the gearstick, so can reach with the harness tight. Hope not having to use it  but if fitting one have it usable from the seat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Standard 110amp cable?

8F5D8B31-9731-45D0-9812-7932C2B36562.png

Just a thought, if you're adding a battery master switch and buying heavy duty cable it may be worth adding a 175 Amp Anderson connector in the cockpit to make jump starting a lot easier.

• Like 1