Friday's the day!

Matta

Good luck Matt, hope u have a good run up the road :)

Can't wait to see it at Bo'ness

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matta

• lippydave

• frag68

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

It's ppppp...persistently raining here in the Midlands this morning, but I'm stilll envious of Matt driving his new Westie all the way home.....have fun.... :t-up:  :D  :t-up:

new just in ..... a yellow westy spotted on the a28 ,with a bloke driving it wearing biggles goggles and hat with one of those joke sticky out silk scalfs

Its ppppppp ing down here in South Lanarkshire where Matta will be travelling through later.

I should know, as I was out in the Westy this morning rattling through the back roads with a t shirt, shorts, no side screens and brilliant sunshine, that is until 12 miles from home when it rained liked it has never rained before.

Sorry Matta but Scotland is wet now. There again, thats no surprise.

more news just in ,yellow westy spotted again on the a74 ,silk scalf now drooping slighty due to waterlogging ,biggles goggles steamed up ,and looking like a drowned rat

Good news for Matta.

Its dry here now in South Lanarkshire. Might take the car out and see if I can join Matta. The M74 north should be dry.

Is he still driving? swimming?

Fixed that for you  :D

I really felt for this guy yesterday. I was up in Gateshead and it absolutely p****d it down from the time that I drove through Derbyshire early morning to the time that I got back into the Midlands at about 1700. Every road North was closed so go know how he managed to get back to Scotland....interesting to see that he hasn't posted a report on the journey yet, he's probably floated out to sea  :(

Where are you ??????

got an email that he made it back  :t-up:

Hi all,

Sorry about the delay in updating you on my 'road trip'.

Picked up the car at Derek's (and Andy - ta for your help) as planned and, after bacon sannies & a cuppa, left Worthing around 10:45, then got home at 11:45! (That's the short version)

In summary:

- Stuck on M25 for nearly 2 hours

- Not stuck on M40 but torrential downpour & zero visibility for 80 miles (not good - especially without a roof)

- M42 backed up solid, so headed for M5 at B'ham, then M6. All went well until the traffic ground to a halt and the rain started - another nearly 2 hours.

- Stop start all the way past Manchester on the M6.

- Made good progress for a while after that and no rain...but it didn't last.

- Got dark, continued to chuck it down and then the electrical gremlins struck south of Carlisle - no instruments, indicators and ignition warning loght on.

- Changed blown 20 amp fuse in service station...and it promptly blew again. (traced to short in handbrake warnignn light at weekend)

- Kept going in even heavier rain...very dark now

- M74 northbound bl**dy well closed! Major detour.

- Home by midnight - bit of an epic.

Engine ran faultlessly all the way back - unfortunately I've found a break in the chassis top rail behind the front wishbone, the diff sounds as if it's on the way out and one or two other wee issues.

Hey, ho...that's Westies for you.....

Still, I've got one again! :D

Thanks for all your support folks!

Matt

Your enthusiasm in the face of adversity inspires me! That's an epic trip with no roof. ;)

Congrats on your new car, now wash it and share some pics with us! :cool:

Doug