Scottish Applecross Tour 2011

Rab (bombero) Reid

cbe83af3.jpg

First RVP at Kilmahog nr Callander and signs are good!

d230a52f.jpg

Full squad (9 westys and 15 peeps) meet up and head for Glencoe. We're a wow with the Japanese tourists!

b6ae563b.jpg

'Oranges and Lemons' .. me and deanoecosse basking in the sun at Lochcarron!

6f6ad270.jpg

Support vehicle ready for unloading its essentials .. beer and crisps!

f2e05da8.jpg

Camp McWesty set up and bbq fired up!

Watch this space ..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rab (bombero) Reid

• Jumpy07

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Scottish Westy

Very jealous of you guys...

Mountains and Westfield's are my favourite pastime, even better when you can enjoy them both at the same time :)

brilliant - keep posting - wishing I was enjoying it too  :cool:

Shieldaig today ..

64cd6bb2.jpg

Weather forecasted for definite rain however, we were very lucky to have had it dry all day today.

59f10cf9.jpg

Last two nights we've had this visitor literally right inside Camp McWesty. Sorry if quality is a little poor..

I got home ok..  Alistair I think was the only one who left before me.. havent heard from the rest yet..hope everyone is ok

Weather was awful on way down.. very heavy rain and standing water... very twitchy with R888's.. on top of that I nursed a misfire all the way home..

Craig

I hope this isn't related:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=157445

Although I have a very bad feeling - hope everyone is ok....keep us informed, very concerned!

yes unfortunately the accident did involve one of us on the road home.  The roads were wet, so we were driving sensibly around 55mph. I was travelling behind Matta in his VX engined car, when  it suddenly shot across the road at a right angle, hit a tree just infront of the passenger wing mirror and split in half, throwing his bonnet over the road which I then ran over.  The scene of the crash had diesel oil over the road stretching for about 50 feet, beginning 20 feet before he spun, which is what caused the rear offside wheel to spin up and spin his car.

Amazingly he walked away himself and although he's got sore legs and a bad gash on the back of his head where he reckons he hit his diagonal on his RAC bar, he is "OK". He had an xray and CT scan and is being kept in hospital overnight. He was having a joke in hospital with us but typically all he was bothered about was his car. Thankfully one of the other guys Rab (bombero) managed to sort out recovery of the car which put a smile on Matts face. A bad end to an awesome weekend, but it could easily have been much worse.

that made me gulp - great to hear that nobody was seriously hurt

all the best for a quick recovery to matta  :t-up:

that made me gulp - great to hear that nobody was seriously hurt

all the best for a quick recovery to matta  :t-up:

I did take some pictures at the scene, primarily of the diesel spill incase his insurers are interested, but will leave it to Matt to decide if he wants them posted. It makes you realise how fragile these cars are, thankfully Matt "the pump" (another Applecross story) is ok

Thanks Dean and Rab for keeping us all posted ,it was a real shock to all the boys in front who knew nothing of it happening not so far behind us.

The main thing is Matt is ok ,Rab phoned me to say the scan showed all clear which is great news .

Im sure all the guys on the forum wish Matt all the best .

Regards Dave.

Quick update guys. I left Matta in the capable hands of his wife and son. I'm currently part way home at Stirling services.

Matt's got about 15 stitches in his head after they stuffed the straw back in! Seriously though, he's doing fine and will get home tomorrow after an overnight stay being pampered by NHS Highlands finest nurses!

Good news. Not so good about the car but that can be  rebuilt, main thing is Matta is okay.  :t-up:

So sorry to hear this Matt,i know the car meant as much to you as it did me and how much you looked foward to this trip :down:

Gutted for you mate,main thing is your ok.

Sad end to a great weekend :(

Best regards

Graham.