Whats The Best Numberplate Youve Seen?

devans414

Following on from a 'parts for sale' advert that has been hijacked  :D , what is the best numberplate that you have seen?

Not seen it but Jimmy White is said to have CUE 130 Y when the 130 and Y are pushed together its comes out as CUE BOY :D

When the RS500 Cosworth came out, I did see one with the registration of TUR 130 (Turbo).  I have also seen a Lotus Carlton with 178 MPH, the reported top speed of the car.

Many years ago when working in Notingham I regularly used to see a Rolls Royce bearing the number plate 130 LOX - the spacing between the 1 and 3 almost non-existant  :)

Much more scope in the States, where they're much cheaper to purchase and don't have to conform to number / letter formats, as long is it gets by the censor.  In California, the best I saw were b*****k (they had no idea what it meant) and 4NICVIII (fornicate).  I had GNATSUM on my Mustang because someone had already taken it forwards, and showed up basically correct in a rear view mirror - big mistake.  I had coppers follow me everywhere and pull me over, asking what it meant.  Once the damn car broke down, smoke pouring from under the hood (bonnet), and some old woman asked me if GNATSUM was Yiddish - yes, it's Yiddish for stupid question, I told her.  Satisfied, she walked on.

Many years ago when working in Notingham I regularly used to see a Rolls Royce bearing the number plate 130 LOX - the spacing between the 1 and 3 almost non-existant  :)

That's an  unbelievable coincidence. I spotted this thread and was going to post exactly the same thing. 130 LOX belonged to a chap who played at the same squash club as me in Nottingham. Got to know him quite well, cracking bloke with a real sense of humour. The plate and the roller were to dangler a snoot at the establishment. A less pretentious bloke you couldn't have met.

Seen a big Queen type roller going in the back door of Buckingham Palace with THE 1 on it.

Wife has got L 1 KKE which can say LIKKE which looks like UK KE or simular to LIKE.

I got S 44 ENT which looks like S44ENT, My names Shenton

My Bro's Audi A8 V10's  has got S11ENT with a dot between the 1.1 ie SHENT

K3Y ME on a locksmith van round here. I was impressed.

Not that I'm sad enough to get impressed by number plates of course.

At the Silverstone GP a few years ago a Ferrari F40 had MY F40 I thought that was quite cool  :cool:

2BE & NOT2B owned by a wealthy chap in Cheyne Walk London. Last time I saw them (side by side) was some while ago. One was on a Bentley and the other on an Aston Martin.

Also, those of us who went to Thorsby Park sprint year before last saw a nearly new Ferrari, being competed, with the number (if I can remember how it went) WH 09 OSH. Ir went very quickly!!

Saw a Sierra Cossie years ago with NOS 111T, with a well placed black screw and a bit of clever spacing spelt NO s**t :D

AS 100 on a lovely old Aston Martin on the M25 a few years back.

not that great but I have not forgotten it so it has stuck with me  :D

WI2ARD

Wizard -  :cool: