Scottish group Applecross2011

ziplob

Is there still space for more?  I quite fancy this

I will be speaking to Zip Lob tonight ,But Ican't see it being a prob .

Where are you from ?

Cheers Wee Dov.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matta

• Wee Dov

• ziplob

• deanoecosse

i will be contacting the camp site next Monday to reserve a few more pitches'

Is there still space for more?  I quite fancy this

I will be speaking to Zip Lob tonight ,But Ican't see it being a prob .

Where are you from ?

Cheers Wee Dov.

Based Hertfordshire.

Drove Applecross 20 years ago in a Ford Capri and then rode it on a bike a couple of times. Fancy going back in the Westy.

hello,

I am also interested in this trip, if i can be put down as a maybe untill i check my shifts it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kevin

Latest summary:

Wee Dov

Ziplob

Matta

Prisoner

Deanoecosse

Bombero

Bruno

Jumpy07

moochofun + 4

Scottish Westy (maybe)

D7PNY (Dave - maybe)

Windy (possible maybe)

Scott

Iancrawford

Doug Dastardly (very slight maybe)

Scott Park

Tex (maybe)

XTR2Turbo

Kev91 (maybe)

Cheers,

Matt

I'm still a maybe for this.

My only concern is the distance and my lack of windscreen/weather gear!

Will have a couple of blasts under my belt by then so will know hopefully have the confidence by then  :D

My car will not be near road worthy by July. But I do have a van with 5 seats! (and a tow hitch)

No sure if this has been organised  if it helps I don’t mind driving and bring my tool box!!!

Regards

Neil  (Perth)

that weekend in June is the dry season in Scotland, you won't need weather gear :D

that weekend in June is the dry season in Scotland, you won't need weather gear :D

Do we get such a thing as a dry season?  :p

Dave - There are a few in the same situation as you without windscreens etc - Ziplob for one - just bring your sun tan lotion, that's all you'll need... :D

Neil - Ta for the offer of the van but I think the lads have this covered already.

Cheers,

Matt

Cool, as long as I'm not the only one getting wet if it rains then I'm sure I'll cope!

Need to figure out the range of my tank before then to!

Will have a couple of blasts under my belt by then so will know hopefully have the confidence by then  :D

buy a full rain suit - they start from around the £30 mark. set of gloves and crash helmet, snood.. your sorted..  :t-up:

they all fold away small enough to not be huge space grabbers.

i use one of these - they are brilliant - very warm in cold wind too

hein gericke

Comp%20Rain%20Suit%20Black300.jpg

Roofs? for P***s

eh! what, where, when ,er !     Yes I do have a roof ,but Idon't use it :blush:

Cheers Wee Dov

• 2 weeks later...

applecross latest , I have been in contact again with Applecross and after a long chat with them this is the proposal . If you are going the best thing to do is book the camp site yourself , they are aware that we are coming and have reserved a large part of the campsite for us . the two ways to book are by phone on 01520 744268 the office is open between 10 and 11 and 4 to 5 till April or simply book on line at www.applecross-campsite.co.uk  let them know your with the westfield group.

there you will have the options of camping or sluming it in the huts. once you have booked can you please let us know, just post on this thread. satuday night has now got 35 places reserved in the pub so the sooner you book up the more places in the pub i can get . As you can imagine applecross is a busy place so get booked up soon . on the good news front i understand that most of the pass has been resurfaced.  we are planing a barbie on the friday night  and on the Saturday a blat round the loop and back over the pass the only thing i cannot book is the weather but i will have a word with the man upstaris???

Cheers Bob, have a pax coming with me.. have booked a camping hut thing for Fri & Sat night..

I take will be be organising meeting points for the run up .. times etc nearer the time

CJ