Let the bun throwing begin

James

as Jeff said the Ne7eners are a good bunch, we regularily have joint track days etc.

Must be a Northern thing, we are far more friendly :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James

• Norman Verona

• Asterix

• Mark Stanton

as Jeff said the Ne7eners are a good bunch, we regularily have joint track days etc.

Must be a Northern thing, we are far more friendly :D

both you and jeff seem to be misunderstanding what the ne7ers are.

the ne7ers is for ALL se7en enthusiasts based in the north east.  it was formed as a spin of from the se7ens.net mailing list.  the original group that got the ball rolling back in 02/03 were about 30% cat, 30%westie, 30% other and 10% down right weird.

the ne7ers monthly meet was going for a number of years when the local L7 AO (an ne7er regular) asked if he could bring the cat meet there as the normal turn out was p1ss poor.  this has been a big success.  now the local RH club also come (they used to attend anyway, just made it a bit more formal).

the ne7ers trackdays are normally organised by me (westie owner) and peter (cat owner).  the invite goes out to all se7ens enthusiasts in the area - eg RH club, locostbuilders, here, there.  they are in not in anyway affiliated with any club or organisation.

the ne7ers f****n Big Blat09 was attended by approx 5 westies, 4cats, 4 dax, 1MK Indy, 1home made a 5 funny two wheel thingies.  sadly the d-type replica didnt make it.

to bring this back on topic - there is a huge camaradie and sharing of common interest in the north east for all things se7en.  i know this is the same for the northern irish.  perhaps its a southern thing?   :p  :p

Seems to be an absolutely tiny number of people that genuinely have  "a thing" against whichever brand, coupled with a rather larger number of part time trolls who like to make a mountain out of a worm cast.

Don't see what they get out of it, but...

A few us went to Duxford on Sunday, the westies were parked right next to the seven stand - a war did not break out  :D

A few us went to Duxford on Sunday, the westies were parked right next to the seven stand - a war did not break out  :D

:laugh:

A few us went to Duxford on Sunday, the westies were parked right next to the seven stand - a war did not break out  

Nowhere in any sort of 7 style car to carry worthwhile amounts of ammunition.

Now, if we were arguing about Defender / Discovery versus Jeep / Hummer I would start to get concerned.

A few us went to Duxford on Sunday, the westies were parked right next to the seven stand - a war did not break out  

Now, if we were arguing about Defender / Discovery versus Jeep / Hummer I would start to get concerned.

Ok I will start this one!

I have a Jeep Cherokee and it's the worst bag of crap I have had the misfortune of owning!

Edit to add - no it isn't the worst that was Frontera  :bangshead:

Someone drew my attnetion to this thread, and as a member of the Lotus Seven Club and an ex Caterham owner I'm probably qualified to offer an opinion.

The two individuals on Blatchat to make disparaging comments on the link earlier in this thread, namely Cannonball Bob and Seven Up! are  people without much of a life unless they are picking on others.  Anominity is the order of each and every day in their life.

Every club has its to$$ers, here are two of the Lotus Seven Club's finest.

I'd ignore them.  

I belong to the Westfield Club and the Lotus Seven Club solely because I wanted to sell the salvage from my car.  I don't generally post here, as there is a better selection of idiots on the other side. That said, their are some good friends over there too!

So I joined two clubs to increase the exposure of the fact I had wares to sell.  I'd say the same about the other peron mentioned in the thread and his Gites.

I have a Jeep Cherokee and it's the worst bag of crap I have had the misfortune of owning!

We have a grand cherokee as a management car for the rally cars.

Its poor to say the least, the crew get there with sea sick most of the time.

Still lots of room for spares, tool or ammo !  :D  :devil:

oi!!

ive got a fronty and its the most indestructable car ive ever owned ..... granted its the 2.8 so basically an isuzu before poxhaul had a go at spoiling it but its still a frontera which has in its time pulled many a embarrased landrover out of the mud at horsey shows!

anyway there is plenty of space in a westy to put ammo, and great all round vision to throw stuff as you drive past!

The two individuals on Blatchat to make disparaging comments on the link earlier in this thread, namely Cannonball Bob and Seven Up! are  people without much of a life unless they are picking on others.  Anominity is the order of each and every day in their life.

I couldn't help noticing how your forsale add had been hijacked recently over on Blatchat  :bangshead:

I have friends with locosts, MK's and Dax's, we all share a common interest, regardless of the different cars we drive  :t-up:  but I guess they'll always be that one or two who think they are better than the rest  :down: .

I went to Snetterton yesterday to watch my mate race his Caterham, was great parking the Westfield in the middle of thier pits LOL. They all seemed a nice bunch, and quiet a few came over to have a look under the Bonnet when I was asked what was under it. a couple asked "do you think they'll notice if I borrow it and stick my race numbers on it "    :)

Ive found most people with 7 type cars to be fine people, Although i did wave to a Caterham driver the other day when out in the Westfield and was totaly blanked  :arse: