2 speed wipers, standard switch, self park??

Rory's Dad

Usually you need a special wiper switch to get the Westfield two speed wipers to self park.  Found a site here and yes it works.

Now got a nice line of alloy toggle switches with rubber covers and the second on the left works the wipers!!

Now I can go out in the rain :(  :(

Rory's Dad

• 6 years later...

Mine have always self parked with std Westfield supplied switch and loom, I thought the self parking bit was in the motor?

Mine have always self parked with std Westfield supplied switch and loom, I thought the self parking bit was in the motor?

It's slightly confusing when it comes to the wipers, the motor has the self park mechanism built in, but it requires a special switch to operate the wipers as well! Basically, instead of the more normal off/on/on, it requires an on/on/on switch. (When you turn the wipers off, power is fed from the switch to the off contacts at the motor end, which powers the self park mechanism, once the wipers get to the park position a switch in the mechanism at the motor end opens, and the wipers stop moving. They only start again, when power is fed to the position 1 or 2 contacts.)