New fibre glass Seats

Chasmon

I think the problem with this could be delivery.

If we have to post them out to the individuals at a cost of £25, then that pretty much makes the extra 10% pointless.

For those looking at teh triton seats, wasn't there a bulk buy organised a while ago? Or did or imagine that?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chasmon

• danmo

• RobC

• pete g

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that happen though? had a search but nothing popped up?

EDIT: Beaten to it by the Monkey!!  :p    :D

I think JK is only going to send them to one address... not one address in each regional area, or that the take on it I have...

Thats the way I understood it too, but has it been asked if they can do at least a North and south delivery??  

Not trying to be a pain, but if not we could be looking at £100, at least, just to get the seats from say London to Manchester...  which kind of makes the 20% discount pretty pointless..  ???

The 10% WSCC discount could well work out better if it means we get the seats delivered to us.

Noice work Chasmon.

I am deffo up for a pair for a narrow westfield, both with yellow 5 piece upholstery :cool:

i am assuming these are designed to mount directly to the floor/chassis?

as i do not have runnesr at present

OK I have made contact with Triton

The standard prices are as follows:

Narrow body seat : £195/pair

Widebody seat: £225/pair

Postage: £25 (based on a pair of seats) massive reductions on multiples shipped together

Regarding pads Mark at triton has made them in the past and they were £25-£30 for punched uncovered neoprene, I am waiting to hear back if he can supply them still.

The discount he is offering on these prices (based on 8-10 pairs) is 5% but he could offer more if the quantities are greater.

Personal comments:

- The discounts don't seem great on an order worth a couple of grand plus as it stands JK appear cheaper with the 10% discount offered.

- The back of the Triton seats appear to be bare fibre glass not gel coat which doesn't look as nice as the JK ones in my opinion.

I think the JK seats are much nicer. The pads they offer are a bonus. they look great and help with the comfort.

JK will be my choice. Although I need the seats pretty sharpish so i may have to go down the 10% road.

i have now seen both seats in the flesh .

both look good but for me its going to be the triton.

seem better finished and more solid.

thanks anyway

regards pete

Anyone got a link to the triton website? can't seem to find it.

I saw some picutes of them, look pretty good.

Cheers, Dan.

pete g, could you give a more detailed account of the differences?

i sat in the triton ones at stoneleigh and there was no visible flex with them just bolted to a base. the jk i felt did flex a little but could be braced anyway with the supplied brackets.

both are very comforable and the jk have nice pads.and carbon tops.

regarding the backs i could not see a rear difference.

this is only my personal view.

http://www.tritonraceproducts.co.uk/

Interested (depending on price)

Wide, Carbon Top, upholstery, 5-hole

Question -- the pictures are different to the "seven" seats on the JK website (front edge/mounting) -- am I correct?

Dont like the look of the "seven" seats front edge

Trevor

I believe these seats are different as they are for mounting to runners. The other seats mount to the lip at the front.

I will confirm this though.

I am going to try an contact Triton tomorrow to see what they are offering. Thanks all for your patience Triton race products

^^^ Triton

Ok thanks.

I think the triton ones look more sturdy - and as thought their made for the track.

The jk ones look like their made more for show (well more so that the other ones)

I think I would have to sit in them but the triton "high side" seats look good to me, hopefully that can do some padding too.

Cheers, Dan.

EDIT - to say: just had another look at the jk ones, and they look good too, so whichever ones have the best deal on them I'll join in with

Dan :D

I still prefer the JK ones, they look better & most importanly they can have nice padding, a must as far as I'm concerned!!

I think that the 20% JK discount is probably a non-starter due to the payment/delivery side of things!!  Therefore would everyone agree that we should ask Chasmon to go back to JK & tell them that those interested will contact them directly & mention WSCC for the discount.  Thay way those that are in a hurry can get on & order them!

Thanks for all your good work so far Chasmon!!!!  :t-up:  :t-up:

thanks for all of your effort chasmon.

I think i will contact JK myself as i was looking to order soon, so i am out of the bulk order.

Pics of new seats to follow....... :cool:

thanks for all of your effort chasmon.

I think i will contact JK myself as i was looking to order soon, so i am out of the bulk order.

Pics of new seats to follow....... :cool:

I too am going to have to drop out...

having no seats I am ordering the Triton ones today...

sorry fella

Rob

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.