'Holly Birkett' Handicap Race

Darren B

Hi All,

Just wanted to advertise the Birkett 6 hour team relay race on 27 Oct 07.  The event runs during the Saturday from 1100 to 1700 and involves approx 50 teams of 4 to 6 cars competing to complete as many laps as possible.

Teams are asked to provide times for the circuit and then the organisers calculate a handicap number of laps that are added to the teams total.  This should mean that every team does exactly the same number of laps at the end of the 6 hours.  By way of example a 2CV team received 69 credit laps a couple of years back, so they would need to be lapped 69 times to get on the same lap at the end if you had no credit laps.

The numbers of teams means that the circuit receive a dispensation for the event as 50 odd cars far exceeds the normal circuit limit.  Needless to say there is always something going on on track and the range of cars is huge.

The RAF have 2 teams for this years event and I am in one of them, so if you want to take a look then make a space in your diary.  I'm sure there will be other Westfield racers taking part, so could be a good one for a pre-winter last blat out.

Yep I will be there altho I want be racing in the Genesis but giving suport for team Genesis. If you haven't been here before this a top event and very much well worth a visit. Its not like a normal race where you get a clump of cars to gether then a 2mins later they come round again,the action is all the time with a vast verity of great machine from old to new

Birkett Pickys 2006

Darren I'll come and dig you out and have a natter obviuosly in between your driving stints! My Genesis with Tim Pell driving it got the overall fastest lap of the day last year shame I can't drive it that fast!!

Buzz

• 1 month later...

Likewise.  Well done to all the Westfield drivers.  I hope I didn't get in the way too much whilst I was trying to keep my times consistent enough to keep my team on top  :D

And well done to Team Northampton Motorsport all IN Westfields. Seventh on the road and a brilliant 2nd overall after handicap. Troy Robinson, Simon Pryke, Seamus Harding, Didier Prongue.

Also well done to the RAF team for winning the event overall, including Darren Berris in his SEiGHT.

What a brilliant event, where can you watch Touring Cars, 4.2 Litre V Twin Fraser Nash, American Muscle and everything in between in one race with 50 odd cars on the track at any time and car changes happening all of the time so there is a new car to watch every lap.

Will definitely be there next year