Willans Harness

W Shep

If the label on Willans harness says FIA B-112.T/98, FIA D 109.T/98, FIA D 108.T/98 and states an expiry "not valid after 2006".

What does it actually mean?

Would the harness still pass current MOT?

Would I still be able to have a blast on a track day?   ???  ???  ???

They'll be fine Wayne. It's an FIA expiry date that only applies to FIA regulated racing.

Enjoy yer 1st trackday in The Boghouse :devil:

You'll really get to see what it can do :0  :0

Where are you going?

Hiya Scott,  not got a trackday sorted as yet but hope to have a go sometime in the future, I wasn't sure though as to whether this expiry date would prevent me from doing so or if it was just for competition purposes in which case I'd be ok. :D

Thanks for the reply (thought you'd take the bait, I'd seen you hovering)

By the way, the new motor looks great, :cool:  look forward to seeing it in the flesh.  Cheers

• 2 months later...
Guess that makes sense for racing, but for the odd track day, sprint or road use no one is going to replace belts every couple of years ....

FYI,

TRS advise belts checked every year and replaced every 2 years.

...and hopefully they will get to sell you some more... ;)  :D

I would guess that as essentially is just a fabric, that it will perrish when exposed to the elements. Mine had mold growing on them after the USA tour..

2 years does seem keen but they should certainly be replaced more frequently than never as in your average tintop