Simpson Exhausts Bulk Buy 2007

Paul Ash

Paul

If required when you Silencer is ready for collection, we can organise for you to take your car to Simpsons & have the link pipe made to suit you car whilst you wait.

HTH

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• Bean

• James

• Rob Marshall

Paul Ash

Did you manage to get a wieght for the simpson silencer?

Rob

Rob.Forget about the weight. The quality alone makes it worth buying.

If you are concerned about the weight after you've got it then repack it with SBD's Eglass mat which is loads lighter than the wadding mine came packed with

Ok great thanks Paul. So anybody got some guideline dimensions for a Zetec? I was thinking 70cm in length but unsure of the internal bore and tailpipe dimensions.

Thanks in advance!

Paul,

I am very interested in this for a silencer for a Zetec but can you answer a couple of questions what does the bracket look like which mounts the system.

Im guessing it uses a bobin for mounting, if so can the bracket be moved to take this into account?

Cheers

James

You going for a record James?  ???  :D  :D  :D

You going for a record James?  ???  :D  :D  :D

Woh I dont know what went on there my p.c started playing up with error messages poping up sorry about that.

James

The bracket is a fabricated plate, that is gussetted & welded to the can.

You specify its position on the Order form.

& yes it is for a Bobbin. but if you need something else put it on the Order form.

Ok - Update time

We are booked in 28th April - 12th May.

In this slot Matt will solely be working on our order. Systems & silencers

Cars (for systems)should be delivered preferably on the Saturday between 7am - 12am.

Failing that in the week as close to the 28th as possible.

Ok - Update time

We are booked in 28th April - 12th May.

In this slot Matt will solely be working on our order. Systems & silencers

Cars should be delivered preferably on the Saturday between 7am - 12am.

Failing that in the week as close to the 28th as possible.

Stoneleigh show is on in the middle weekend of those two weeks, is there any alternative for those who want to take their cars to the show? or possibly the choice get it done and back before the show weekend?

Paul,

I am very interested in this for a silencer for a Zetec but can you answer a couple of questions what does the bracket look like which mounts the system.

Im guessing it uses a bobin for mounting, if so can the bracket be moved to take this into account?

Cheers

James

Pic s of Simpson system on my Zetec car just about showing the mounting bracket.

DSCF0241_disp512.jpg

DSCF0242_disp512.jpg

DSCF0245_disp512.jpg

Thanks Chris,

Thats brilliant, so is it using the Westfield "L" bracket with a bobbin and then mounted onto the silencer?

I only ask because the height of the bracket on the silencer will dictate what angle the exhaust will rest at.

Thats brilliant, so is it using the Westfield "L" bracket with a bobbin and then mounted onto the silencer?

Yes that's it.  These two pics show it better.  Don't be too confused by the second pic - it has a sharp reflection of the silencer bracket in the shiny bodywork :)

DSCF0272_disp512.jpg

DSCF0252_disp512.jpg

Chris,

Thats Wonderful a great many thanks for taking the time to do that.

The bracket is exactly what I anticipated it would be, but seeing it will help me determine where it should be welded to the silencer.

Cheers James

Paul,

I must say share CAM's concern of not having my car for the Stoneleigh weekend. It is not the same turning up in a tin top :bangshead:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.