Email and Web Hosting - help!

Not quite sure what bit that's referring to, but if the whole thing you'd need a lot more than that! On Exchange, our average mailbox is 500Mb with some exceeding 4Gb. That's PER user.

20Mb doesn't sound remotely close, are you sure you don't mean 20Gb?

I wouldn't have thought so, no.

20 Meg / 50 users is 400k per user. That's barely a Word document.

I guess it depends on what you're expecting them to be receiving. And does all the mail stay on the server, or get downloaded?

Andy

Exchange (or any) mailboxes can grow very quickly especially if you need to send large documents to each other, or if your users become partial to sending each other 2-3Mb video "funnies"!

20Mb per user on a hosted server wouldnt be an unreasonable starting figure though and I suspect you'd have to pay quite a premium to have hundreds of Mb per user available.  We set a default of 30Mb at work on a 10,000 user Exchange organisation and have very few complaints, but each user does need to archive fairly regularly to stop it building up over that, which means storing old / larger messages in a seperate Outlook generated storage file (a .pst) outside of Exchange. If this file is on their own PC you again run the risk of losing old email if their workstation goes bang or laptop stolen, we get around it by giving them a personal network drive on the server where Outlook stores the pst, so its all backed up on the file and print server that way.

• 10 years later...

for the record Manchester IT (my day job) is a 365 reseller

feel free to call me at the office 0161 491 1000

8 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

Post prior to the above has now been hidden as it is suspected spam.

7 hours ago, John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

for the record Manchester IT (my day job) is a 365 reseller

feel free to call me at the office 0161 491 1000

Now, about this trader fee Mr W :d

My day job is a web developer BTW :oops:

• Like 1