Whoopee passed the dreaded SVA

PaulSpurgeon

Another westy hits the road, well soon as the tax disc is through.

Had my SVA today at Norwich and all went very well. They seemed impressed with the car and all was going really well until we got to the speedo check!  :oops:

I'm using smiths gauges and have six magnets stuck to the offside lobro joint for the sensor. The speedo is set up to the recommended 5480. I had checked it on the way to the MOT with the GPS and it looked good. However when they tested it 30 on the speedo gave a actual speed of 42, 40 was 47 and 50 was 58. He then went to have a cuppa and left me to ponder and I gave Mark a call. He suggested that the incorrect readings may be because each wheel is on its own set of free running rollers and as the diff is non LSD then each wheel can be going at a different speed. After trying a different speedo value and turning the car round the guy decided that with that arrangement he was unable to test the speedo effectivley so it was just down to proving the calibration figure. ???

Anyway the rest of the test was fine and DVLA have inspected it so I now await the paperwork.

Its a great feeling  :laugh: Just need some fine weather now  :cool:

Thanks for the help when I have asked and for the wealth of info on here as I have used the seach facility quite a lot.

Good luck Dave, sorry to read that you didn't get througn at Southampton yesterday.

Thought you might like to see a picture or two!

9406.jpeg

9407.jpeg

Cheers Paul

Paul,

Congratulations - feels great doesn't ?

My son ( Big Ads ) has just been successfully through this trauma and although Brighton DVLA office were a total pain in the  :arse: as they wouldn't examine the car even though it was parked in their car park at the time the paperwork was submitted - once they did examine it 5 days later, the tax disk came through within 3 days.

Thanks Paul

Yes its an SDV hence the tempory indicator and headlamp extensions :(

Its got a Zetec 1800 in though, running on injection. Brakes are standard Seirra Discs front and drums rear.

Paul

Congratulations, just a teeny bit of envy  :down:  :down:

Congrats on the colour good choice  :love:  :love:

This was the first SDV kit Soton had seen which did not help, speedo problem was pure SDV, although I believe talking to Mark the problem you had is not uncommon either.

Hope you get it on the road for Christmas/New Year. I am hoping to retest either next week or the week after, depends on Soton SVA availability and my work commitments.

I did enjoy scaring a couple of old dears blatting past them on the way home  :cool:

Dave

It looks far too clean, Paul!! Stop polishing it and get out in the mud with it!

Well Done! :t-up:  :t-up: