Simpson BB 7" SS silencers

Paul Ash

Hi Paul

I had a look at these at the show on Sunday and i am interested, however i have a few questions

1. My car is a factory built 1800 Zetec and by rights should be subject to emissions will the Simpson Exhaust fit directly onto my standard Westfield manifold, thus allowing me to refit my cat exhaust for MOT ?

2. Is the brushed finish fixed for the bulk buy or could it be polished ?

3. Is the fixing brackets supplied that will simply allow the can to be mounted and bolted up ?

4. Is the car above yours as the exhaust looks mint, what diameter is tail pipe?

1. This should be possible, send me a piccy of your std can & I will confirm. We did several variations on the cans in the last BB, i.e 2, 2 1/2, 2 3/4" through pipes, steppers & angled inlets as reqd.

2. Nope you can specify polished, I am awaiting a costing from Simpsons

3. Yes you will specify its position on the order form.

4. Mine is the red car. my through pipe is 2-1/2"

Basically for anyone wanting a can "anything is posiible" within reason. There may be a little extra cost based on how elaborate you want to get.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• JimNoble

• stu999

• pete g

I too need to be able to revert back to the origional can for mot as mine has to pass a cat test!

I had a look at the can at Stonleigh, it looks a great bit of kit and it seems it could get a Zetec down as low as 95db, for a standard manifold you would need a link pipe, if the link pipe was made removable you could fit the standard can back on at Mot time no problem  :t-up:

The order form will look something like this

7281.jpeg

Additional pricing for a completely polished can will be + £50

Hi Paul

I picked up a flyer from the Simpsons stand with an email address on is that the best one to send the photos to of my current mounting set up.

As luck would have it i currenly have my CAT exhaust on as i have had a problem with my Westfield supplied track day silencer.

I will photo both the exhausts to give you hopefully an idea of what i am trying to achieve.

The Westfield silencer will be for sale if this works out

Let me Know about the email address as it would take me a long time to work out the way of posting photos.

I only seem to get squares with crosses in  :bangshead:

Cheers

Gooders

I only seem to get squares with crosses in  

That'll be your firewall getting in the way. There are *detailed* instructions on how to fix this on the Website/Next Generation forum.

I'm interested.  Will these fit a car with swept wings or will ground clearance be an issue?

Hogman -

Am interested too, any price yet for Titanium?

Sorry no they do not do Titanium.

Currently waiting on price for "CAT" version"

Chasf42 -

'm interested.  Will these fit a car with swept wings or will ground clearance be an issue?

You'll have to have a measure up

Message in from Matt @ Simpsons.

They can now do a titanium can.

I am awaiting a price.

Will start firming the orders up over the next few days, now that my job is calming down a little.  :D

Hi Paul,

A little of course for sileners, but do you have any under bonnet pictures of a VX bonnet exit manifold? I am interested to see what route the primaries take.

John

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.