Whats the best way to bleed brakes

Cam

after you have bled your brakes to the best of your ability. try this. remove the cap off the fluid reservoir, pump the brake pedal, keep pressure on by placing a peice of wood between the pedal and the base of the drivers seat, pref for a day or two. try your brake pressure

I've used pressure bleeding systems before, and they are great for bleeding a lot of fluid out. But, I find I get a better pedal by finishing off with either a one way valve or the two person method, after the pressure bleed.

Agree... after p*****g about with a pressure bleeding kit, which included the nozzle exploding out from the top of the bottle and covering me, my car, and my eyeball in fluid, i bought a one way valve from Halfrauds.  I then relaxed as i gently went around the car and bled it on my own. :)

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Thinking of putting Castrol SRF brake fluid into the car after haing some issues on track how much will i need to do the whole system more than 1 litre ??. Another  question is how long between fluid changes ??

Thanks in advance

Ross

ive found in the past that if you fill a small syringe with fluid and remove any air and force it up through system from calipers up and then bleed normally afterwards always works a treat for me

mike

• 6 years later...

Just reviving an old thread here - I have twin MC's and have just replaced the front calipers.  I have bled the front brakes only - not the rears.

I assume this is ok as the rears are on a different circuit - is this correct??

Should be yes. What does the pedal feel like....

I have always used an Ezee Bleed off the tyre pressure.

- I dont both putting an bottle, but keep topping up the res, working on my own, using the car tyres (low presure anyway) and just re inflating them once done.

Daniel

• 3 years later...

Whats the best method for bleeding the HiSpec Golf rears with the 4x nipples, do I just bleed from the top two nipples?

Yes. The bottom two are only there for installs where they’re mounted the other way up. 

Air rises, all opening the bottom tends to do, if your not careful, is release tiny amounts of air back into the calliper.

Also, be very careful not too open any bleed nipple too far, as air can get drawn back down the outside, along the threads.