ebay

Terry Everall

Good idea  :D  :D  :D

+ 10% extra suplement to non WSCC members  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D Hark I hear a Taxi  :D  :D  :D  :devil:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• stu999

• Blatman

• Buzz Billsberry

Does that mean that if I spot an ebay auction that may be of interest but which isn't by a Club member, then pointing to it would not be allowed because we have no control over wether the auction is pulled or not? IE, A N Ebayer has a set of Carbs for sale on ebay, but isn't anything to do with the WSCC. However, members may want to be alerted to the auction. Can we point to it or not?

Maybe we could do what the do on LocostBuilders and have a "Bargains elsewhere" forum....

Maybe we could do what the do on LocostBuilders and have a "Bargains elsewhere" forum....

A good idea; I do find it frustrating  to finally find that part you've been trying to track down for ages, listed in a "for sale" topic heading, only to open it up and find it's a link to Ebay.

So what we are saying is the For Sale section is meant to be a benifit to WSCC member's who are buying goods. Because people should sell things cheaper because we are all good chums.

And the For sale section is not a perk for people selling because they have to sell the the kit they paid good money for at a reduced price.

Sounds like we ought to let non members sell and only WSCC members buy :)

Bazzer

Probably a good ideal to sell the

2.5 turn Westfield Quick rack and Mounts

Busa Manifold and Techcraft Silencer

Somewhere else then  :p

QED

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Got one now thanks but my point is

WHAT IS THE PRICE TO BUY IT NOW ON THIS FORUM

I was not going to get involved with all this but one thing occours to me.

If we keep along this track of thorught will me all have to advertise to all the membership via the mag first so that ALL the club members get a chance to buy before it is advertised on here so that it can then be put on ebay ?

Come on guys this is meant to be fun rules and regs like this are only meant to be used at work ???

It is, and IMHO should stay, the sellers choice on how they want to sell products.  

If that means that I miss out on a bargin because I don't use ebay that has got to be my hard luck.

Just my 2p

:D

It doesn't affect me personally so I don't really care, but FWIW, my two penneth...

Whilst I sympathise with what Terry et al are saying, I would ask "why was this section made members only in the first place?"  Presumably, the answer is that so only paid up members were given the privilege of having another outlet to advertise their parts.  If you follow the logic that it should be a perk for WSCC buyers, then it should be password protected so that only WSCC members can view the section.  So I would suggest that the reason it was set up like this was to allow WSCC members to have a free place to advertise their wares, and surely how the seller decides to use that privilege, to get the best price possible, is up to them.

So I would suggest that the reason it was set up like this was to allow WSCC members to have a free place to advertise their wares, and surely how the seller decides to use that privilege, to get the best price possible, is up to them.

Spot on. :t-up:

Also, for every person that's been sniped and lost out on an auction, then got the hump about ebay in general and started moaning on ;):p, there's lots more that have got a good deal - ie better than can be had through for sale forums. :t-up::)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.