Event Marshals

Joff

Hello everyone.

I currently have a SEI Wide that needs a little bit of TLC, ok, it needs a lot of TLC, but I would like to get involved in the speed series.

Are marshals required for the speed series events?

At the moment I currently hold a Grade 3 MSA marshal licence and have been marshaling Stage Rallies for the last couple of years, but would like to spend a bit more time with the Westie clan which will hopefully get my A*** into gear.

Is there specific training required for the marshaling? I am attending a training session for rally marshaling on sunday 23rd Jan, are there training events set up for non-rally events?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is there specific training required for the marshaling?

Nope. I've done three or four of the WSCC events at Curborough. It's the only experience I have but there are Marshals there that have experience. As with most events common sense is the most important thing you need which I'm sure you have after your rallying exploits.

Curborough is on Sat 25th/Sun 26th June. Keep your eye on the boardroom a little nearer the time there's normally a plea for helpers. Also I'm sure some of the SS regulars will be able to tell you if any of the other events need anyone to help.

Rich

Many thanks Rich.

There will be a lot of similarities between the SS and Rally marshaling, just wouldnt want turn up as Jonny Big Cigar, Ive done this, Ive done that, and then risk the safety of the event, competitors and speccies. Its better to have too much knowledge than not enough!

Joff

Joff

Petrolhead beat me to it.

If you're interested, the BMMC is running a Speed Event Training day at Harewood on 27th Feb. Their website gives the contact details as Mike Shorley on 01977780035. There are details of Rally speed and Race Training days for Marshals across the UK on the BMMC site www.marshals.co.uk

Bill

So long as you can push cars with no fuel, you'll be OK.

CALLING Mr NAVIN  :devil:  :devil:  :p  :D

CALLING Mr NAVIN  :devil:  :devil:  :p  :D

Leave it  :down:  :down:

If he'd have left it ............... you'd still have been pushing it now  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D

Ive had plenty of practice pushing cars.

The're not that easy to push out of a ditch with a bush and a tree hanging out of the wheel arches!!

Thanks for the website info, Im at a rally training session this weekend with the BRMC ( rally side of the BMMC) so will speak to the guys there aswell.

Regards

Joff