"Meet the Neighbours" BBQ & Area/s Meeting

Tony Sighe

Mark.

Nice try. Thanks :devil:

Andy.

You're right, I don't 'do' tents except for Le Mans. However, IF we come, we'll be attempting to dovetail the weekend with visiting other folk in that area as well, and I'm sure there must be at least one decent hotel in that part of the world...... :p

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Mark Purves

• Blatman

• Tony Sighe

Yup, there certainly will be I'm sure :)

We are unlikely to be camping, might look out for a hotel close to the pub, if not we'll be travelling back to Swindon later in the evening.

Andy

What is it with all this talk about hotels etc, must be something to do with full windscreens etc etc etc.

:D  :p  :D  :p  :D  :p

Going to try to come and see if I can get some of the Cornwall lot to tag along. Weather will have to be dry though as 180 miles in the rain will just take the shine off things. ;)

Hi all,

Tony has asked me to co-ordinate attendance of this event, so if you are considering coming, can you please drop me an e-mail and let me know (even if you have already contacted Tony in some way, as I won't have access to the list of people that have already contacted him). This is just so that we can give the landlord a rough idea of the numbers that might be attending.

Thanks.

Andy

I'll know that when I open up my e-mail client :)

Andy

Will you be attending? If so, and if the weather is gonna be good, then that's another box ticked.

Andy, put us down as a maybe, which is really helpful, I know......

Could you stick that in an e-mail? Then I can keep all the info in one folder for future reference.

Ta.

Andy

Just had an e-mail from Tony, he's now back at home and recovering. No operation was necessary, so that's good news.

I guess you can now go back to telling him if you're coming to the BBQ :)

Andy

Thanks for covering for me Andy!

Yes!! Despite lots of nasty tests, and starving me for 48hrs (I lost no weight! ), they decided not to operate (remove appendix), and have sent me home with lots of pills & a sick note for a week (always a bright side! ). :D

If things turn bad for me, the event will still go ahead (thanks to a very enthusuastic Landlord & some local members! )

Response for the event is excellent so far, so fingers crossed for the weather (pray to whoever, sacrifice virgins if you can find any etc etc).

I'll confirm numbers next week but we have over 30 responses so far & rising. (hoping Andy will ask around at the area meeting tonight - assuming they've not stayed at home to watch the footie! )

Matt & the Cornwall crowd - I'll buy you a 'welcome' pint if you come (you'll deserve it after driving that distance! )

Cheers

Tony

(hoping Andy will ask around at the area meeting tonight - assuming they've not stayed at home to watch the footie! )

Assuming Andy isn't still at work talking to 'merkins :down:

Andy