Aintree.

scott beeland

Just back from Aintree sprint. Blazing sun all day. Great track; loadsa grip and some cars hitting 130 mph over finish line :0  :0

Congrats to Nick Algar and especially Steve Wilson (the charged busa boys) for taking the points in Class F.

Me............I'm still shaking from the "component failure" at 120+ mph. Just thankful the airborne bits missed my head looking at the rear arch damage

Cycle wing sikaflex failure. Both arches left car just before finish line. Eyes closed over line waiting for the impact; but must have been my heads lucky day

Thats an excessive way to reduce weight on the car mate  :D:D

I take it some BIG bolts will be in place for Olivers Mount  :D

See you down at Stoneleigh then mate.

How did you all do against the Caterhams ?

but must have been my heads lucky day

Minimal damage there then  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Caterhams were well down mate.

Mark Smiths car was Awesome.

I'll be the one at Stoneleigh surrounded by Stella empties :p

You were flying Scott, or was that your cycle wings. Nice of marshalls to bring em back in pieces for you . Drivers briefing did say take you own litter home :D

Brilliant FTD for Mark who was pushed hard by Derek. Lots of fun and wind up in all classes especially in showing them Catering vans how to drive quickly! :D

Nick  had a tough day with the technical issues of Superchargers but I never heard him swear once. Just mumblings about a possible ad on the website for a slightly used piece of tts equipment? :bangshead:

Yes thanks Scott, I was the marshal that ran 200 yards to pick the bits after your front wings suffered their lack of adhesion. Glad you got back to the paddock safely. I did come looking for you at lunchtime but you must have been in the other blue boghouse "tidying up". The exhaust system that fell off the Reliant Scimitar and bounced down the track at us at 110 mph was "interesting" to watch as well. We were think of starting to build a car before lunch.

On behalf of Liverpool Motor Club can I say thanks to all the WSCC competitors and supporters who turned up at Aintree today, you were great competitors and a credit to the Speed Series Championship. Look forward to seeing you again before too long. If for the next event at Aintree you have any issues with parking or  passes at the gate ( within reason) email me before the event and I will see what we can do. My Club email is marshals@liverpoolmotorclub.com.

For any owners in the area we have a trackday on 29th May see the Liverpool Motor Club website for details.

Bill

Whats to say - Nick didnt quite get the Blow Job he expected  :zzz: and Scot - Red Bull mate, gives you wings :D

On behalf of Liverpool Motor Club can I say thanks to all the WSCC competitors and supporters who turned up at Aintree today, you were great competitors and a credit to the Speed Series Championship

Thanks for those words Bill  :D  ;)  :D  ;) much appreciated as is all the work and time put in by all marshals throughout the country  ;)  :D

Top day. Really enjoyed myself on first speed series event. Thanks to all who made it fun - Ash, Paul & Sandra, Scott, Terry and everyone else. It was great to find the speed series to be as friendly as advertised. :t-up:  :D

Also nice to find out you don't need a fan to have fun on a sprint event - even if it is a scorcher! :devil:

Hope to see you all soon

Dave :sheep: