Howwwww much!

tex

Yea they are unique even the measurements side to side.. Just fitting some unique 'sills' I use to hold ally doors on with a cage.. The cage sizes are very different and the bodywork..

:arse:

10 hours ago, Peter Robinson said:

Hey Bugman what did you used to play on PC? 

Been a WorldOfTanks clan leader for about 6 years, WorldOfWarplains and WorldOfWarships for about 3 and 2 years and Armored Warfare for about 3 years.  Was on the alpha/Beta test for the last 2 but TBH I've just lost interest the closer the car has got to being completed.  Still play on AW, with the odd WoWs but kind of dropped all the others

As a 'long term owner', it's also very easy to forget about inflation. 

According to the Bank of England inflation calculator, even the lowish spec car I built in 1996 for 10.5K would be 18.7K now...

As a luckily retired "old git", I found myself in a position to be able to build, and now have the pleasure of driving, a 250. It has, and still is giving me great pleasure in owning and tinkering with it.

I couldn't give a toss about anybody else's thoughts on the money I have, and still are spending (does it ever stop?)! Nobody on here, or the world at large has commented on my outlay. Some have politely asked how much it costs to buy a kit, but that's as far as its gone, no sharp intakes of breath or whatever! Everybody in the club has been very supportive and helpful, during my build and now ownership, not aware of any other subliminal messages!

For me owning a Westfield and being a member of the WSCC, is not just about a car, it's about the great experience that goes with it. I've made some great new friends in my relatively short period of ownership, and have a number of Westfield excursions planned. Plus the ad hoc ones as the fancy takes us.

I don't believe it matters how much you've spent on a Westfield, or wether you've built it, or maintain it yourself, or get a garage to do it. From what I've experienced fellow WSCC members seem to be a welcoming, non judgmental group.

To me if the factory is able to build and sell 250s at that price, that's got to be good for future values across the board to my simple mind. However, I didn't buy my car as an investment, but for fun, and it's currently fulfilling that aim for both me and my "better half".

At the end of the day we're just "sking" (Spending the Kids Inheritance) ;) Although they have already told me I'm never selling it! They inform me they will get great pleasure from it, when the time comes!

Just my two penny's worth as a 250 owner.

• Like 5

Have to be honest, I really don’t care what my car cost to build or what it’s worth as I never built it with the intention of ever selling. 

I did originally build it to a very tight budget and even though that original stupidly low budget went out of the window quickly, I ended up with what I felt was a great car for the money.

I have since upgraded most of of the original components to include features that have improved its reliability, driveability, looks and handling, truly making it MY car.

I will no doubt continue to spend money on it and enjoy every penny it sucks out of my wallet without feeling any need to justify this to anyone (including the wife!)

But one thing I really like is the fact that our cars are totally individual. We can all have the car we want at the price we want and with the features we want.

How cool is that!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Have to be honest, I really don’t care what my car cost to build or what it’s worth as I never built it with the intention of ever selling. 

I did originally build it to a very tight budget and even though that original stupidly low budget went out of the window quickly, I ended up with what I felt was a great car for the money.

I have since upgraded most of of the original components to include features that have improved its reliability, driveability, looks and handling, truly making it MY car.

I will no doubt continue to spend money on it and enjoy every penny it sucks out of my wallet without feeling any need to justify this to anyone (including the wife!)

But one thing I really like is the fact that our cars are totally individual. We can all have the car we want at the price we want and with the features we want.

How cool is that!

We'll have to rename you Trigger and the car is the Broom then Chris , if its all new :laugh:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

We'll have to rename you Trigger and the car is the Broom then Chris , if its all new :laugh:

Ha ha no it’s not quite that bad... yet!

should have said upgraded the donor components!

Mind you my car is three years old and howwwwww muuuuuch have I replaced!!!!

On 26/05/2018 at 21:03, Kit Car Electronics said:

As a 'long term owner', it's also very easy to forget about inflation. 

According to the Bank of England inflation calculator, even the lowish spec car I built in 1996 for 10.5K would be 18.7K now...

Our car was £13.5k new as a kit in 1996 so that makes it £24k equivalent now.  Puts today's prices into perspective.  A full tank of fuel in it was less than £10 as well.