Howwwww much!

tex

You’d think it would have better tyres at that price :d

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

You’d think it would have better tyres at that price :d

You know I’d literally just read that and thought T1R’s, really!

Its a classic car that. Well its been for sale for such a long while because of a comedy price , its a classic now :d

• Haha 1

Yet again it’s back up, with a new price, that’s the “classic” bit

If anyone is interested you can have mine for ONLY £30,000 :laugh:

It's a different car. That's advertised as 2018 where the original is a couple of years old now.

I still cringe at that navy blue padded dash next to a beige and tartan interior. I think it looks worse in the flesh too.

You'd also think if they are wanting to do well selling 35k+ cars they'd look at updating the switchgear......

Er READ the ad!

It's an advert for new factory build cars, not ex-demonstrators.

That said, it's a lot of money for even a brand new build, but you pays your money and makes your choice i guess! :d

Indeed.

I know we all have our personal thoughts on the price but can I just point out, Westfield are selling cars at these prices. We'd quite like the buyers to become members too, but while no one is suggesting censoring comments, do consider how welcoming posts about the prices would be to those potential new members! I know at least one Sport 250 owner that spoke to me at Stoneleigh, who felt too embarrassed to join the club as he thought everyone would mock him for what he'd spent. Indeed, he actually went as far as to say it had taken a little bit of the shine off it.

• Like 1

Quite interesting to see how second hand values across the board for older Westfields in particular seems to have climbed in the past year or so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Indeed.

I know we all have our personal thoughts on the price but can I just point out, Westfield are selling cars at these prices. We'd quite like the buyers to become members too, but while no one is suggesting censoring comments, do consider how welcoming posts about the prices would be to those potential new members! I know at least one Sport 250 owner that spoke to me at Stoneleigh, who felt too embarrassed to join the club as he thought everyone would mock him for what he'd spent. Indeed, he actually went as far as to say it had taken a little bit of the shine off it.

Ah that's a shame :(

I honestly thought people that could afford to spend/waste (take your pick :D ) that sort of money on a 'toy' would not honestly care what lower class owners thought/said!! :)

• Like 1

The ones I've spoken to aren't that different, beyond having more disposable income.Just regular guys that have worked hard building up their own businesses. But they're not necessarily  middle aged codgers like me and many more of us. And as a friend with kids in their teens and twenties pointed out to me last night, those age ranges tend to be way more susceptable to other peoples views and opinions than old gits like me.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I know at least one Sport 250 owner that spoke to me at Stoneleigh, who felt too embarrassed to join the club as he thought everyone would mock him for what he'd spent. Indeed, he actually went as far as to say it had taken a little bit of the shine off it.

How daft. 

In the small number of years I've been a member. I've never seen anything other than big welcomes. Certainly not seen any mocking or jibes at new members. You should point the new owner towards the start line forum to see that.

Things are getting more expensive it's just a fact of life. I was in a ford dealer the other day and they had a fiesta and the salesman couldn't understand why I was chuckling. The list price was 23k. For a fiesta! It wasn't even an ST