When do you think its time to give up driving ?

Thrustyjust

I would hope that it was the stress of a visit to hospital with her husband that caused a momentary aberration. If it were to happen again she ought to see her GP. Senility strikes different people at different ages. 

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Did they remember how to get home ?

After a good night out I’ve often wondered how I managed to get home!!!

• Confused 1

Theses are light weights really. My wife and I drove to Amsterdam and I managed to lose the car and the multi-storey car park it was in. I was 24!

We only found it after asking a Dutchman where all the multi-storey car parks were with a church next to it, there was 6 but it was the second we visited. I suspect it was easy to get disorientated for this couple in the circumstances.

17 minutes ago, Wilfman said:

After a good night out I’ve often wondered how I managed to get home!!!

You have an excuse of exuberant pintage ............... It worries what chaos these people may cause on the roads and be totally unaware of causing it ! 

1 hour ago, jeff oakley said:

Theses are light weights really. My wife and I drove to Amsterdam and I managed to lose the car and the multi-storey car park it was in. I was 24!

We only found it after asking a Dutchman where all the multi-storey car parks were with a church next to it, there was 6 but it was the second we visited. I suspect it was easy to get disorientated for this couple in the circumstances.

Just what were you smoking ?? :rolleyes:

I came out of a pub stone cold sober a while ago and it took me an hour to find my car in an area I knew extremely well.

As for when to stop, I attended a speed awareness course recently (yes, I know...) and three of the attendees (all women) didn't know what a dual carriageway was. I'm not sure those three should have been allowed to start driving in the first place... :oops: :bangshead:

I drove my (then) fiancée and her parents to Sheffield for my future sister-in-law's graduation from Sheffield University - quite a long time ago... well mid 1960s if you must know. :(

Short-form story is that we parked on a bombed-site car park and walked to the venue. All I can say is judging by the number of bombed-sites we had to visit to find my car, Sheffield took a bit of a thumping from the Luftwaffe in WW2! :blush:

In Norwich, a few decades back, a friend aged 30 forgot where he'd parked his car; and he was sober. We gave up and walked back to the digs.

Happens all the time with me , can never remember which level on multi story cp's

Once reported it stolen in Manchester , I had parked 1/2 way up a side street off Oxford road , couldn't remember which one , after an hour or so of walking every side street i was convinced it had been nicked , the coppers found it parked , it had been  partly concealed by a large van

Another time I went up town to do some shopping  , I walked home , grabbed a cuppa and settled down to watch footy ball  , when swmbo arrives home she asks "were's the car " I then remembered I had gone up town in the car and had left it on the car park forgetting all about it :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Have we had our dinner yet...? :ghostface:

• Haha 1

One of my favourites is to get back to the car early on the Dover/Calais ferry and watch people looking for their car. “I’m sure we left it on this level dear”

Gatwick Airport.

After 2 weeks holiday, eating, drinking, sleeping and a few other things, I was about to report it stolen.

Birmingham Airport every damned week after 2 or 3 days away. Now where did I park it this week?

I'm just relieved when I arrive back after dark so I can walk around pressing the remote in the hope I see the lights flashing / come on.