When do you think its time to give up driving ?

Thrustyjust

These days, if I’m leaving the car for more than a few hours, I take a photo of where I’ve parked it! 

• Like 1

That's a good idea Dave, especially if you have GPS enabled 'cos the picture will have coordinates logged won't it? Not much good in a multi-storey but handy in a field. I carried my TomTom in my pocket at Silverstone once some years ago so that I could flag its location when I parked and then find the car among the thousands of others later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

That's a good idea Dave, especially if you have GPS enabled 'cos the picture will have coordinates logged won't it? Not much good in a multi-storey but handy in a field. I carried my TomTom in my pocket at Silverstone once some years ago so that I could flag its location when I parked and then find the car among the thousands of others later.

I try and get the bay number if it has one, or floor number in the shot, too. If I can't and it's a really big multi-storey, somewhere I'm not familiar with, I've even been known to take a shot of the floor number in the stairwell. Usually, I don't need them, but they have been handy after the odd over-nighter.

• Like 1

Nah, I've just always had a terrible memory for certain things.phone numbers, names, hotel room numbers etc.

8 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Nah, I've just always had a terrible memory for certain things.phone numbers, names, hotel room numbers etc.

How about the £20 I lent you?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I try and get the bay number if it has one, or floor number in the shot, too. If I can't and it's a really big multi-storey, somewhere I'm not familiar with, I've even been known to take a shot of the floor number in the stairwell. Usually, I don't need them, but they have been handy after the odd over-nighter.

If you have an Android phone there is a handy app called Keep, which is essentially a digital post it note. They can be very handy ;) 

I'm sure there is something similar but requiring iTunes/iCloud access for iOS devices :oops: 

• Like 1