Hi All, First Westfield Purchase

4ndy

Hi All,

Just joined the forum and just (today) left a deposit on Westfield seiw  with 1.8 Zetec.

Any advice on insurance or anything I need to review in the car prior to the final cash hand over would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

• Like 1

It's good idea to pop a link up to the car for sale advert,surprising what people can spot in pics to give you a good idea on the car,and things for you to ask the seller about :)

Indeed, if you join the club, Cherished Vehicle insurance, previously known as A Plan, will give you a discount off your insurance. They’re very good as well. I have both my tin top and Westfield insured through them, and they were excellent sorting out a recent accident claim on the tin top.

• Thanks 1

Great thanks, I will join up and give them a bell tomorrow.:yes:

Any advice on thing I should check prior to final transfer of funds? I've viewed the car today and is a very clean example, my only issue was the bonnet cover was a very slight difference in colour, anyone know if this is normal?

Many thanks

Andy

• Like 1

:ww:from sunny Scotland 

hope you enjoy your new car I’ve just insured mine through a-plan as above really good to deal with

Looks a tidy car from the photos. A Plan are the best, simples , from dealing with others. As for checks, someone may live local to come and have a look with you. Sadly you are a little way from the south.  Bonnet may have changed in its life. They dont usually change colour but if it has been changed they may have put less colour in it compared to the rest of the car. Ask the owner if they know of a change. If you find its fading or you want to to look the same , then a body shop can take a colour test from another panel and paint it . Its not too difficult for people who know what they are doing .

:ww:from sunny Norfolk! 

That does look like a lovely car from the photos. Good engine choice, but then I am slightly biased... 

Another vote for A-plan. Great to deal with. 

Best advice I can give is to definitely join the club. Worth every penny. 

Thanks for your comments.

It is tidy and (in my opinion) it went really well, no bang, rattles, etc. The owner did not know if it had been previously changed. Sounds like a trip to the paint shop may be required if it annoys me.

I`m located in Darlington, is there a local meet/club in my area? Apologies if this info is located on the forum just finding my way around.

Most definitely joining Gary. 

Reading the reviews on the 1.8 zetec they do read positive with the words bomb proof being regularly used. :d 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4ndy said:

I`m located in Darlington, is there a local meet/club in my area? Apologies if this info is located on the forum just finding my way around.

Your local AO will be @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO.

I am in Scarborough but will be in Darlington next Sunday morning on Meynell Road if you want to meet for a coffee around 8.30am ish.

Cheers, Coffee sounds great. :yes:

If i get the car collected prior to Sunday I`ll drop you a message and catch up.

• Like 1