Bits and Pieces VERY cheap!

stephenh

Me and Mrs H. have just spent all day clearing our garages. Quite a lot has gone to the tip, BUT I have some things surplus to requirements which are too good to just chuck if they are of any use to someone else. Most of it is free, or a small donation to charity, so I'm reluctant to post, but might on the lighter/smaller stuff if you twist my arm, and at buyer's expense.

One AVG biker's full face helmet. Very good condition, and hardly used, but it is quite old so just a small donation to charity required. Note that this is not valid for sprints/hillclimbs because it is ACU spec., not MSA, and in any event is long out of date fro competition. Not sure of the exact size, but my cap size is 7 1/4, or 59 metric

One biker's helmet, red. It says Nitro Racing which I assume is the make. It isn't as old as the other, so it is lighter and more comfortable. It has an "L" in the shell, so I'm guessing that is the shell size, most likely the same as the other one. Again, just a small donation to charity.

One hand pump, suitable for pumping oil into a gearbox or diff. It comes with a 3 litre oil safe container. I cannot remember if I ever used this, I think not. And it was expensive, from Demon Tweeks, so definitely a donation of, say, £10. required to charity. SOLD.

A quantity of silencer repacking material. Not sure what make, but as far as I recall it came from Merlin Motorsport, so most probably it is e-glass. Not sure exactly how much, but looking at it it should be enough to repack a typical sized silencer at least once. Free to a good home. SOLD.

A quantity of wire wool in a roll , which is used to rap round the inner pipe of a repackable silencer. Enough to repack dozens of silencers, I should think! Free to a good home. SOLD.

8 unused wheel studs. Still bright, no rust. These are Ford size/pattern, so suitable for all the Ford based Westies so far as I know. These are M12 thread, with 40mm. thread length, and 50 mm. long with the splined part.  I think, but cannot guarantee, that these are longer than standard so are good for sprinting/hillclimbing as the scrutineer can then see thread projecting from the wheel nuts, if you use open ended nuts. They probably won't be any use with closed end nuts. Too good to chuck, but no use to me, so just a small donation to charity. SOLD.

2 of 3mm. wheel spacers. These are the universal type so should fit on more or less any Westie. Unused, so just a small donation to charity. SOLD.

2 of Dzus fastener sets. These are not the screw type Dzus fasteners, but lever type, so might suit as bonnet catches. Unused. As above.

4 unused road springs. Came with my XI kit, but not used as too stiff in my opinion. one pair are 2.25" dia. by 7" long, said to be 350 lbs/in. rate.

The other pair are 1.9" by 8", said to be 200 lb/in. rate. Make me a modest offer, for either pair (or all 4).

Any or all of the above can be collected from near Uttoxeter, North Staffs, or at the Shelsley Walsh anniversary meeting and dinner, or the Club meeting at Blyton Park, or otherwise by arrangement.

I'll have  the silencer packing and wire wool and the oil pump if they are still  available ..

£20 to charity ,, a tenner  doesn't seem enough

Thanks trev

Pm sent 

• Like 1

The e-glass, wire wool and the oil pump are "sold" subject to collection, and a suitably generous donation to Del's charity, for cancer care. (can't remember the name of it off hand!)

Wowblaauw, you have pm.

So the oil pump, e-glass and wire wool have gone, to a good home.

Other items are still for "sale". Although, I have had another look at the old AVG helmet, and I have to say that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of padding inside it. I think the mice may have got to it at some point! I think it wants binning, but the other helmet is comfortable, if you have the same shaped head as me!

Can I please have the wheel nuts?  Donation would be to Cancer Research if I can.

Stoat, they are wheel studs, not nuts. Yours if you want them.

i'll take the studs and the spacers if you can post down south?

Timmay Z Z, I probably can, but in fairness I'll leave it for today to see what Stoat says about the studs. I'll want to see how much it'll cost to post, as well.

No probs. I'll prob only store as spares anyway lol.

Sorry my mistake, must learn to read, I am ok on the studs front.  Thank you for the kind offer.

Timmay, I've sent you a pm.

So now everything is sold (the spacers and wheel studs subject to payment and delivery as I write this) which just leaves the 4 road springs and the 2 catches suitable for bonnet catches. Oh, and the red biker's full face helmet, size "L" I believe. Any takers? Any offers? 

I don 't really want to keep these 'til Stoneleigh next year, but if I must, I must.

£30 plus gift aid now gone to Hope Against Cancer.:t-up:

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.