Upset neighbour

wizzer

5 minutes ago, wizzer said:

Think i know what the problem is, its the mighty red top, never had a problem with the zetec:getmecoat:

Thank god its not a crossflow. The miserable neighbour would skid in the oil patch and into your fence !! :d

• Haha 2

I agree with others that ignoring them is the best option, however. Any neighbour issues can quickly escalate and trust me the council can get involved as noise is one of their remits and increasingly with social media there are plenty who will invoke what they see as their right to peace and quiet and drag others in.

Councils ask residents to keep logs etc and it is not unknown for them to lie. We had a case , a business, where the residents were claiming all sorts so we installed recording devices and it was no surprise their claims didn't match to our expensive recordings. In this case it was one man who was telling others what time it happened and they all copied his book.

What any normal person accepts matters not, it is what a council official deems unreasonable in their interpretation of the law and some of those hate any noisy vehicle.

Also bear in mind if anything did escalate when you sell a home it has to be mentioned.

Sounds to me you have a nut job but for your own defence, just keep a log of when you use it and times, just incase.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jeff oakley said:

I agree with others that ignoring them is the best option, however. Any neighbour issues can quickly escalate and trust me the council can get involved as noise is one of their remits and increasingly with social media there are plenty who will invoke what they see as their right to peace and quiet and drag others in.

Councils ask residents to keep logs etc and it is not unknown for them to lie. We had a case , a business, where the residents were claiming all sorts so we installed recording devices and it was no surprise their claims didn't match to our expensive recordings. In this case it was one man who was telling others what time it happened and they all copied his book.

What any normal person accepts matters not, it is what a council official deems unreasonable in their interpretation of the law and some of those hate any noisy vehicle.

Also bear in mind if anything did escalate when you sell a home it has to be mentioned.

Sounds to me you have a nut job but for your own defence, just keep a log of when you use it and times, just incase.

Thanks Jeff thats some excellent advice. I'll try and keep it to sociable hours for the time being . The other problem i have is im at the very end of an estate its not like im straight onto the main road and off. Have to say i thought I'd been very good this morning hardly revved it until i was like half a mile away might have been that :d

@wizzer you are not alone! I really miss my V8 used to love n early morning starts in that one :d my zetec now doesnt have the same effect lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had similar issue many many years ago but I knew who the problem neighbour was. He tried getting a neighbourhood petition against me.

I opted to be proactive so I called Sheffield transport police myself and asked if I could take my car in for inspection to see if anything was illegal. They inspected and said as long as I was considerate and didn’t rev etc then I had nothing to worry about and they would keep this on record. One officer came out from under the car and shouted he’d got a problem.....the car was a girls car (pug 106) and the exhaust should be on a 306. I left happy that I’d been proactive and made the first move to cut it dead.

The complaints came to nothing in the end.

• Thanks 1

I've not seen a date written in a margin since school!

• Haha 2

I feel sorry for my neibours in the last house...   I cut up a car in the road.. sprayed a car on the drive,  spent every weekend hammering.   And the car I owned every time I started it it set their car alarm off.     Your neibour should be grateful.   

• Haha 2

So.....is there any chance that the car is annoyingly loud? Just asking......

dave

23 minutes ago, Davemk1 said:

So.....is there any chance that the car is annoyingly loud? Just asking......

dave

Good question Dave I'd have to say at tic over and just above setting off no not really its louder than a euro box but not excessive. Full chat is a different ball game . Im the last house on an estate then its urban countryside. it is quiet  around me if your a light sleeper a mouse farting would wake you . I started up straight next to our lasses window she never heard a thing haha.

Tony

Pre 9am:swear:

Now that really is a p*** take,how can anyone have the neck to moan about that:rolleyes:

Get yourself an Impreza as a daily driver,one with an exhaust that sounds like a semi-automatic rifle at tick over:praise:

• Haha 2

Just now, CosKev said:

Pre 9am:swear:

Now that really is a p*** take,how can anyone have the neck to moan about that:rolleyes:

Get yourself an Impreza as a daily driver,one with an exhaust that sounds like a semi-automatic rifle at tick over:praise:

Someone round the back of us had an Imprezza , with a bazooka exhaust. I think they got complaints and they used to drive in and out their drive many times in an evening and sure that something was said, to then see it had disappeared. They never sell their cars, so was odd. They have big race motorbikes with open cans now , but they go out and come back hours later. I dont mind, as they just go passed the house and off. Winter defrost with a scoob would probably drive people nuts.

Its no more unsociable having a westie than a bike on an early morning sunday run, which is pretty frequent round here and being I live near the A4 , the blats are heard at the weekend. I usually start my westie , run for 30 secs and then go. If Omex had mapped it properly when cold, I would start it and drive straight off, as I prefer getting up to temp quickly and off cold enrichment.

Guy down the other end of the street has a new M4 with aftermarket exhaust and on cold start has made complaints there as it sounds really stroppy when cold :d

• Like 1

TJ, have you had your ecu unlocked? If so then you may be able to tweak the coldstart settings. I have to say, my old OEM throttle body setup was always good to go right from the turn of the key, but I do think there is a bit more variability between engines than perhaps previously thought/expected. So while I know others like me, I also know others that have had an issue, too.

@Thrustyjust those 3 ltr BMW's are noisy even with a standard exhaust!

You can alter the cold start on them though via the touchscreen

There's been a very loud M2 around here (standard tune I'm told) and even very early in the day I (an admitted coffin dodger) do enjoy the sound (or noise) depending on your viewpoint.

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

TJ, have you had your ecu unlocked? If so then you may be able to tweak the coldstart settings. I have to say, my old OEM throttle body setup was always good to go right from the turn of the key, but I do think there is a bit more variability between engines than perhaps previously thought/expected. So while I know others like me, I also know others that have had an issue, too.

Its in hand with Troy from NMS  to deal with as the maps not good really, so he is going to get the codes and unlock from Omex and remap the car in the not too distant future.

• Like 1