MX5 Mazda SDV Sump Baffle

Mark (smokey mow)

Similar to other baffle designs this will fit the sump of either the 1.6 or 1.8 MX5's to hopefully help retain the oil around the pick-up pipe. I designed this for a standard uncut sump and it fits below the standard baffles but it could also possibly be shortened for a cut-sump.

I had two spares made in addition to one for my own car and this is the last spare. The Viton Rubber Flaps shown in some of the pictures are not included but these can be bought from ebay etc. Some minor fettling will be required to make this fit as the slots could benefit from being enlarged slightly to ease fitting the Viton flaps.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm tempted but don't want to touch it as it works at the moment! 

I'll have this please if it's not been claimed already! PM on the way.

17 minutes ago, AndrewOBW said:

I'll have this please if it's not been claimed already! PM on the way.

PM replied to :)

At the request of another member I've had some more of these made and so now have 5 extras spare to offer to other members

These are offered at cost (i'm making no profit) for £13 posted flat to fold yourself for £20 folded and posted.

They are designed to fit an unmodified sump (either 1.6 or 1.8) but could probably be shortended to fit a cut sump depending on how much it has been shortened. As before you will need to source you're own Viton baffles such as These

Mark I'll have a folded one please, for the build. I'll pm you 

I'll have one of these Mark

Folded would be good

No rush

I'll have the final one folded please Mark for my modified sump. I'll PM you.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:29, Geezergs said:

Mark I'll have a folded one please, for the build. I'll pm you 

22 hours ago, darve said:

I'll have one of these Mark

Folded would be good

No rush

3 hours ago, RobT said:

Hi Mark... I'll have a folded one as well please. 

2 hours ago, RichK said:

I'll have one too please Mark, folded. I'll pm you.

42 minutes ago, djm said:

I'll have the final one folded please Mark for my modified sump. I'll PM you.

Thanks for you're interest chaps, I've finished folding you're baffles so will get these boxed up for posting in the couple of days just as soon as I can find some suitable boxes for them all.

@darve would you like to collect yours? if so I can offer you a discount on postage.

@RobT@RichK@djm I shall PM you re payment and for your delivery address. :)

if anyone else is interrested I have found two more spare blanks in the garage and then that's it.  there will be no more :westy:

@Geezergs@RobT@RichK@djm Your baffles were all posted this morning so should be with you in the next couple of days.

@darve Your's is here and ready to collect whenever you're passing

I still have two left which have both been folded for anyone else intersted :) 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.