5 3/4" Headlamps

Peter (Monty)

I think I've come to the conclusion that Dominator headlamps, as well as finding somewhere to mount indicators and protecting all the resulting sharp edges from the R26 sphere, are more hassle than it's worth for IVA.

So, I'm looking to find some 5 3/4" headlamps (ideally without breaking the bank). I found these Wipac ones on KCD:

http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/wipac-caterham-style-5-black-body-headlight-uk-pair.html

They also have an unbranded one which would be a fair bit cheaper for the pair: 

http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/caterham-style-5-3-4-single-headlight-lamp-black.html

I'm not sure if there's any difference except the presumed quality of the Wipac parts (as a very reputable brand).

I already have some 73mm indicators (like these) and would like to use some caterham-style pods - are these the right size? My car is carbon-free at the moment so I'd just like some black ones really. The best places looks like it might be from caterham directly (heresy!):

https://caterhamparts.co.uk/indicators/2711-indicator-mounting-cone.html

Has anyone used any of these parts?  Or have any other recommendations?

Sure the kitcar direct headlights are the same as mine from Westfield. Seem to be OK for hedlights and IVA compliant. As for pods, people have passed with them. I bought the carbon look ones on ebay with the lights and they dissolved pretty quickly, which wasnt a problem as was swopping them out for the carbon NV ones and only needed the lights , the pods were temporary as very thin. 

If it's of interest, I've just picked up a few different colour pigments, so plan to make up some of the indicator pods in grp. Plain black is always an option but I could look at other colours also.  

Drop me a PM Peter if you need any additional info. 

Mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carbon-nv said:

If it's of interest, I've just picked up a few different colour pigments, so plan to make up some of the indicator pods in grp. Plain black is always an option but I could look at other colours also.  

Drop me a PM Peter if you need any additional info. 

Mark

And in Carbon Mark? :)

I got my headlights from svc am sure for around the 120 mark for the pair and they're the same ones as Wf supply. 

Although I've just checked their site and the black ones seem to have vanished just leaving the stainless ones. Might be worth giving them a bell to see if they can do the black?

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/5-3-4--free-standing-steel/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Deanspoors said:

Carbon weave + colour is fantastic

2016-carbon-mclaren-p1-02.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deanspoors said:

Yes definitely interested in some carbon ones :d

I was talking about indicator pods above, just in case there's any confusion :) These are already available in carbon, but thought about doing some coloured grp ones, amongst a few other bits like mirror covers etc.