Stoneleigh discounts

Stephen Osborne

Are the discounts which Westfield offer at Stoneleigh rigourously limited to the show or could they, with a bit of haggling, be achieved at any time of year?

Depends what you’re buying, but always try!

I managed to get my S2000 kit on a show discount that had technically finished the week or two before. BUT, they do say no sometimes too, it’s a chance you take.

Westfield have given me 10% or free post a number of times. Always worth asking, sort of offsets the money up front then ‘how many weeks!’ To getting those parts.

• Like 2

Didnt buy mine at the show, but a month before, but said I would wait until the show and hey presto a discount appeared !! Say you have been considering other cars and you need a sweetener to sign on the line at the show . Make them sweat a bit too to get the sale  !! ( dont tell Simon this :d)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On Monday afternoon at Stoneleigh we asked Westfield for their best price on a factory built Sport 250. By the time the guy attending to us had ticked a few items appropriate to track use on the options list the price came to an eye watering £36,000. The guy then said they'd do the LSD foc and take 10% off the balance giving a net figure of ~£32,000.

This was too much for us, and we spent much of the journey home discussing other cars we could get for £32,000. For example, there was a 2015 Jaguar F Type 380 listed on British Car Auctions' website with a CAP Clean value of ~£32,000; a grade 1 car with FSH. Whilst an F Type is completely different to a Westfield we couldn't help comparing how much car we'd get for our money.

If the 'list' price of ~£30,000 for a factory Sport 250 had included items needed for track use, and if that £30,000 had then been discounted to £27,000 at Stoneleigh we'd have been sorely tempted. But that extra £5000 broke the camel's back.

You can do it for less. Calling @Steve (sdh2903) to the thread.  If you build it yourself, then you can knock 10k off that with Steves help.  As for the cost of factory spec cars , I wouldnt spend that either !! 

Building yourself shopping around for parts, and using some slightly used parts then you could knock off 10k off the lower discounted price. Just depends on how much you value your time I suppose.

I agree 36 or even 32k is too much. I'd buy the f type aswell and stick a sporty exhaust on it, They sound dirty:d

But if your in the market you could do worse than @Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator immaculate mega s2000 In the classifieds and save yourself 10 grand.

• Like 1

Coincidence! Was just discussing Stuart Faulkner's car with my son. It looked extremely good at Stoneleigh.

I’d also dip in here,  the cost of the base car and bits easily jumps over the 30k mark, and then bung in time for the factory to build it seems to add in between 3 to 4/5 k mark but don’t forget factory built may well not end up with what your actually after IMHO.

Just because it’s factory, does not mean it’s right for you, If you look at some of the builds here you can see people thake there own routs with 3rd party bits like ARB’s which the factory ones are reported to not be that great.

On the flip side if you do look at your own build you can save a heap of cash on major items like engine and dash but don’t forget the time, space you need, as well as the grin factor.  Steve and AdgeC builds were the insperation for myself.

If you were serious about your own build I would add in things like modified sump and cooling system that the factory are trying to ignore, despite all the feedback that I think will add the best part of £1k to mine, to give the car some ground clearance and let the engine run at a better constant temp. Both of these I’m going to do do, sump post IVA.

I bought mine as a complete package as I did not have the confidence to do as Steve and source my own bits,, but if I were to build again I definitely would as I think now you could easily cut £10k out and actually end up with a better car

Just my 2p worth, but I’d also start with a visit to a local group, best move I ever made, before I started my journey 

Absolutely agree with meeting up with your local group. You need to figure out if you want to build (or not) and what EXACTLY you want to do with your car. If it were me, I'd build from scratch with your son - well, my son really! 

• Haha 1