Westfield Vinyl Hood - Where can I get one?

Martin John Young

I am refurbing my Westfield SEi Narrow body and am trying to locate someone who supplies wet weather gear. I built the car in 1991 originally and Westfield don’t do them any more.

i am hoping someone could advise where I could get s new hood at least, or where I can get one made using my existing as s pattern?  

Thanks for any help.

Any local trimmer more or less, should be able to make a hood using an existing one as a pattern. They’re often not cheap though!

It would help if you could give us an idea what part of the country you’re in? As most will want the car, so there’s probably not much point recommending someone too far away?

If you want other options than a full Hood, Soft Bits for Sevens do half hoods.

The other place that might be worth speaking to is Aldridge Trimming; they used, I believe, to do the hoods and stuff for Westfield many years ago.

http://www.aldridge.co.uk/gallery/index.cfm?id=6

As a guide, I got a quote from a well known quality trimmer in Denton Manchester.

It was for a made to measure without pattern to fit my MSA roll over bar...

Sit Down!

£1200-£1500 :o

https://www.autotrimltd.co.uk

Optionally I have 2 in the garage both from narrow cars and I will never use them. Sure you could try one and make a donation to the air ambulance if one is suitable.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

As a guide, I got a quote from a well known quality trimmer 

Sit Down!

I'm sure I've had insurance quotes like that which usually means they don't want the business.

1 minute ago, DonPeffers said:

I'm sure I've had insurance quotes like that which usually means they don't want the business.

Sadly not, I’ve had a few quotes a few years back from other recommended trimmers - who were quite keen to get stuck in to the challenge, and they were in this sort of ballpark too. Again though, that was no pattern, as I’d asked for basically starting again to fit the existing hood frame and side screens, but to come up with an improved design based on their experience of doing classics.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

As a guide, I got a quote from a well known quality trimmer in Denton Manchester.

Sit Down!

https://www.autotrimltd.co.uk

Jim the trim has never been known as cheap.

Where abouts are you as I know a trimmer in Swansea that only charges £300 for a mohair hood for a MR2 roadster.

35 minutes ago, 1960dave said:

Where abouts are you as I know a trimmer in Swansea that only charges £300 for a mohair hood for a MR2 roadster.

Do you know any up our way Dave ???

On 2 May 2018 at 15:25, syman84 said:

Optionally I have 2 in the garage both from narrow cars and I will never use them. Sure you could try one and make a donation to the air ambulance if one is suitable.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  That sound like an idea, are they in good condition? and roughly how old are they?  Mine is a SEi 1990 kit (please see image) are the roofs you have right, and finally do you have side screens as well,

Best regards ,

Martin

15 minutes ago, Martin John Young said:

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  That sound like an idea, are they in good condition? and roughly how old are they?  Mine is a SEi 1990 kit (please see image) are the roofs you have right, and finally do you have side screens as well,

Best regards ,

Martin