Pembrey sprint weekend - 2/3 June 2018

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

14 hours ago, mark.anson said:

In 2010 we shared the track with a kart event. We did our practice runs then they did thier qualifying then we did our timed runs before thier race.

Bizarrly it worked quite well, so Silverstone is good and not as far to travel. 

I will have to disagree with you there Mark - it was the worse run event I have ever attended. The organisers gave Karts and BSC a significantly higher priority over the club Nat B event.

I remember queuing behind Barny (Phil Newall) for our second practice run, about 6 cars remaining, and he was pushed off the start line and we were all told there was not enough time and would be given a second run later.

On one of my timed runs there was gravel all over one of the final corner. They had not noticed it from the control tower and no marshalls out on the course - they refused to give me a rerun as they said they would have to give all the cars that had run since a rerun. They promptly stopped the runs and sent out a team to brush the gravel off the circuit. I told the Clerk of the Course and the Organisers where they could put their event and in very plain English that I would never be returning!

Hopefully neither the BSC nor the Karts will be there for you this year and you will have a good event.

Also their safety on the start was appalling - I was release right in front of a single seater and I think Matt Hillam also had a close encounter off the start.  If the same organisers/starters then I would suggest a cursory glance to your left as you join the circuit from the start line.

Lets hope its a good event and that its run properly. I am going so I will report back. Pembrey last year was an absolute shambles and some of our Westfield car lost runs as the rain and British Sprint delayed issues and the controls were very poor.

4 hours ago, Paul Morcom said:

I will have to disagree with you there Mark - it was the worse run event I have ever attended. The organisers gave Karts and BSC a significantly higher priority over the club Nat B event.

Also their safety on the start was appalling - I was release right in front of a single seater and I think Matt Hillam also had a close encounter off the start.  If the same organisers/starters then I would suggest a cursory glance to your left as you join the circuit from the start line.

Hmmm now you mention it I remember Barney having a bit of a close call with the SBD Westfield off the line. I think there's a video somewhere.

And yes they were a bit keen on keeping to the timetable ie no allowances  for folk going off.

That said I quiet enjoyed the event overall and although I didn't go I think 2011 was better. 

Be interesting to see how it goes this year.

We just need a few more SS drivers to enter

Regardless of what I say it is great circuit and very technical.  Similar to the Snetterton 300 course.

I expect the organisers have now got it right (it was 8 years ago) and if there are good reports you never know I could be back.

Personally I think it a bad idea that we have multiple events on the same weekend. I'm doing Pembrey despite the distance as the challenge is one that I have yet to master

15 hours ago, IanD said:

Thanks Guys.

I think I must have been getting confused with Brands Hatch :blush:

will give it some thought as I do like the weekend events but Silverstone really appeals.

I will be at one of them!

Pembrey Ian, you know it makes sense lol.

Either way it will be good to see you out again fella. :) 

John

we did not have a choice of dates and people have been asking for new venues and tracks so it seemed worth the risk just like the Snetyerton clash of date

Pembrey is a proper challenge and definitely not one to miss. Organisation has been a struggle a few times over the years due to oversubscription, but it would seem that the entry system has been improved this year and there are a few more people involved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phelpsa said:

Pembrey is a proper challenge and definitely not one to miss. Organisation has been a struggle a few times over the years due to oversubscription, but it would seem that the entry system has been improved this year and there are a few more people involved.

Yep - online entry and looks like someone new has taken over from Alun