Westfield SEiW - 2L Zetec

hamlichr

My much-loved Westfield SEiW is for sale. Excellent car, set up for performance, agility and every day driveability. I’ve owned it for a few years and it’s always been reliable, even for touring. I'm told it was set up and corner weighted by Northampton motorsport.
The car has an age-related H plate but was completed and registered in 2007. It’s been well looked after, always garaged and due to lack of weather gear, used only in dry conditions.
It currently has 12,462 miles on the clock (might change due to use) and MOT until 11th August 2018.  I have a large box of paperwork and receipts.  I've tried to include detailed photos, but let me know if there's anything you want included that isn't there.

The car is based in Norwich and is yours for £9,000 ono.  I work from home most of the time so i'm happy to do daytime, evening or weekend viewings.  For any questions, please give me a call or text on 07990 590581.  Please don't call after 9pm.

Specification is as follows. Please ask if you have any questions or I’ve missed anything.

Body/Chassis: 
Genuine Westfield SEiW chassis in black powdercoat.
Genuine Westfield SEiW body panels in yellow.
Carbon effect arch protectors and detail on cycle wings.
“Triangle” roll over bar (standard square roll over bar to come with car).
Lockable boot box.
Lockable V8 bonnet with black mesh cutouts at rear of engine bay.

Engine/Transmission:
2005 Ford Zetec 2L – Mileage of engine is approx. 60k.
Weber Carbs recently serviced and set up (2017).
Raceline Water Rail.
Uprated engine bolts.
New lightweight battery installed (2017), continually connected to trickle charger to maintain optimum charge.
New water pump (2017).
New cambelt (2017).
New radiator (2017).
Type 9 gearbox.
Engine immobiliser.
Repackable exhaust – repacked within last 1000 miles.
Black exhaust cover.
I have receipts for more uprated engine parts but I can’t verify whether they were installed as I’ve never broken down the engine.

Interior:
Comfort Westfield seats, mounted on rails for adjustable position. I’m 6ft 4” and quite wide; the car is still comfortable to drive.
Carpets throughout.
Floor mounted adjustable pedal box.
Heater.
VDO Gauges – Speed, Revs, Fuel, Engine Temp, Oil Pressure.
Standard switchgear for lights, wipers, water spray, heater, horn, indicators.
SPARCO suede steering wheel attached to gold 6-bolt pop-off mount on an Allegro steering column.

Engine immobiliser.
SABELT 4-point harnesses.
Westfield full size side doors.
Westfield wet weather hood frame (no hood included, I’ve never used it in wet weather).

Suspension/Wheels:
GAS adjustable suspension.
M16 brake callipers (new calliper installed last year).
Brake discs front and rear.
4 x Team Dynamics 15” wheels in black.
R888 tyres – 205/50 R15 all round. 
Spare rear-mounted wheel with Westfield cover (not a matching Team Dynamics wheel).
Extension number plate for rear-mounted spare wheel.

Bad bits:

I like to be up front about things so there's no surprises.  As with any car, especially this type, there's always something that can improved upon, but this Westfield is in genuinely good shape.  Here's a list of the things I've noticed that I'd want mentioned if I was buying:

Both front wheel bearings have a little play, but nothing major.  These will need doing at some point.  MOT advisories.

The tyres are down to the minimum tread so will need to be replaced soon.  MOT Advisories.  I haven't done it as you might want different tyres.

There is a crack in the rear bodywork where the number plate extension bar passes through.  It's not huge, nor structural.  I've included pictures.

There is a small hole in the driver's seat bolster.  It's a few mm square so nothing to particularly worry about. I've included pictures.

Air filter for Webers is scuffed where the bonnet goes on and off.

Some of the engine pipework could do with replacing/upgrading but everything works fine and I haven't had any issues.

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1993.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

• Like 1

Nice car , just what I would want a car with a 2.0 Zetec that hasnt been messed around with, how about a swap for my car plus cash!!! 

I can't quite make out from the photos, but that (relatively young)  age of car would normally tend to have Westfield cast aluminium front uprights, or some build them with original Cortina cast iron uprights.

In either case, the front wheel bearings are quickly and easily adjustable, to take out minor degrees of wear. If this has never been done before, then the chances are, simply nipping the front bearing retaining nuts up by one or two "notches" will dial out any slight wear for years to come.

On 17/04/2018 at 11:02, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I can't quite make out from the photos, but that (relatively young)  age of car would normally tend to have Westfield cast aluminium front uprights, or some build them with original Cortina cast iron uprights.

In either case, the front wheel bearings are quickly and easily adjustable, to take out minor degrees of wear. If this has never been done before, then the chances are, simply nipping the front bearing retaining nuts up by one or two "notches" will dial out any slight wear for years to come.

Thanks Gadgetman, very useful to know.

ill post an update if that’s successful.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.