Denso type alternator

tolf

Anyone got the Denso type alternator available for sale?

thanks Ian

Try an agricultural supplier as these are fitted to Kubota tractors and if you buy one from such a supplier there is no motorsport tax.

Many people will tell you that a high rev version is required and there is no way a diesel engined variant would work.  All I have to say is check the Denso part numbers :yes:

1 minute ago, the stoat said:

Many people will tell you that a high rev version is required and there is no way a diesel engined variant would work.  All I have to say is check the Denso part numbers :yes:

Yes, these people are usually either a. applier’s of the said motorsport tax, or b. don’t understand how gearing up or down with pulleys works.

And if you find a good supplier of a genuine denso please do post it up as I've been looking this week and it's a minefield with all the knock off copies.

I got bitten by an ebay copy and bought a genuine one from http://www.kitspares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1202&search=alternator

Make sure you get the correct handing as you don't want the positive output hitting the block :p

The ebay copy started to flicker the charge light above 3000rpm, so I replaced it before it died. The genuine one has done more miles without problem. Make sure you size the pulley to ensure the alternator doesn't see more than 18,000rpm at max engine revs.

Thanks all. Have found a company called Brise.co.uk who seem to have the alternator- model is the 4Si-50. Going to give them a go and see what happens.....

8 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - North London AO said:

Thanks all. Have found a company called Brise.co.uk who seem to have the alternator- model is the 4Si-50. Going to give them a go and see what happens.....

Brise stuff is bob on:yes: My pulley came from them

I have one which I won't be using for the foreseeable future. It appears to be authentic but I don't know how sophisticated the knockoffs have become!

Let me know if you might be interested

WP_20160914_23_01_28_Pro%20(2).jpg?psid=

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.