Kit Car Electronics

HiSpec mechanical handbrake adjustment

1 hour ago, DE04* said:

Yep done exactly the same when I first got mine couldn't get them to work and just gave up on them. About 3 years ago is when I asked Hispec at Stoneleigh and they told me about it, but only took calipers off recently for the upgrade. More than happy now.

Oh well,I've only done a couple hundred miles since fitting mine,so maybe a job for next winter get them modified 

I can confirm that a 5mm allen key does indeed fit in mine! Not had time to adjust etc. Will report back after I have.

Good luck to everyone with the "upgrade".  Personally I can't seeing it being of much help.  You will never get the clamping force associated with a standard rear caliper or grip with drums. 

Mine works fine, but there was quite some time needed to adjust the pads correctly to the disc, and then fiddle with the cables.

I have discovered I'm lucky to have the magic grub so have been adjusting but not finished.

First attempt I made the pads just grip the disk then backed off half a turn. This was too tight as they bound when apply and removing the handbrake. 

Then I found that adjusting the inside grub screw needs you to hold the disk firm as if the wheel was on because otherwise as you tighten the disk moves out.

Currently I've nearly finished trying a full turn but decided to call it a night.