Ford Remap Wiped of Car

Thrustyjust

It is very different, because the Mountune Cal's are released by Ford and still fully compliant with the vehicle homologation status. An aftermarket hacked cal is not.

that link is only advertising they offer the service for other males as well as ford. No mention of new cars and warranties. 

On the Blue Fin website it offers a warranty to run alongside the manufacturers warranty as below.

How will my new car warranty be affected?

We offer a supplementary warranty that runs in parallel with the manufacturer's warranty and will cut in if required. We include cover for a year or 30,000 miles or until the vehicle is three years old, whichever comes first, and this cover can be extended up until the vehicle is three years old for a modest price. The full terms and conditions of our policy are available to download from our website.

Im with Mike on this, the devil is in the detail. Put a warranty claim in to a main dealer with a remap on and you risk voiding the warranty completely. See how VW fared with their ‘auto re mapping’ that wasn’t to the homologation approval.

Sometimes I despair of the point of being branded a liar on here, so not sure I am really bothered about coming here to face crap. 

• Sad 1

Sorry, Justin- I don't think I accused you of lying, and certainly don't want to cause offence. I just wanted to point out a risk of using these hacked aftermarket calibrations that isn't widely recognised. 

Sorry if your offended by my take on the situation Justin but that’s it just my understanding.

Having worked in the diagnostic field it is very frustrating chasing faults to then find some systems have been ‘mapped out’ or altered.

Some providers will be fine like mountune as mentioned but others leave a lot to be desired. If someone’s willing to take the chance then as long as they understand the potential problems then that’s fine.

Look at it from the manufacturers side.  Unknown mapping mods , not declared at point of warranty claim yet still expected to pay up. How can that be right.

We certainly dont approve any.

What the dealer does after the point of sale is completely different and I doubt is with Ford approval.