Track Day Insurance Cover?

Nic Surry

I’ve just covered mine with aplan, that was £200 for 5. But after reading all the bumf it did make me wonder if it was worth it!

5 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

What's the excess like on these policies?

With proof of previous track experience £500 on top of your excess, without proof £1000

Like all insurance it's a gamble.. 40 quid vs a right off seems fair... Personal choice..I always ran without but went with the a plan 200 when I insured with them...

It is A plan I’ve not seen the small print yet, they did  mention professionally organised events it sounded quite cheap I thought but there might be a catch

Not any big catches that I could see...only that it is damage cover rather than break dow. IE if you blow a big end out of crankcase that isn't covered..

Did it cover you for any 3rd party trying to claim against you for damages ? Other than that it's good value, personally I always ran uninsured but at £ 40 / day reckon it would have been well worth it just in case. You don;t see much damage on track-days but just occasionally you see the odd one that's big enough to make you think "hope they have got cover" !!!

Not sure about the third party but don't think anyone can claim against you..that is in the disclaimer everyone signs...

11 minutes ago, Mole said:

Not sure about the third party but don't think anyone can claim against you..that is in the disclaimer everyone signs...

You might find this thread interesting then. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=18&t=1332239&i=0