Carbon NV ducted aero cycle wings

CosKev

Has anyone been brave enough to cut a vent into these arches? 

If so what did you go for,a row of round holes or one big cut out?

Any pics would be much appreciated please :)

Was pondering on whether to do it to mine but decided to leave them, I would have gone for a series of round holes but as I'm OCD I concluded that they would never be perfect enough and it would drive me to distraction

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers,yeah round holes will be my choice I think :)

If I don't like them can just link them together and make one large cut out!

Still on my to-do list, but I'll be opting for the larger cut-out approach.

Have you offered them up on your current cycle wing brackets? Mine looked too far out for my liking, against 13" wheels. I plan to adapt my brackets to bring them in a bit closer to the tyres.

I' running 15" wheels and they sit very tightly - so much so that the bracket has to be loosened off before I can take a wheel off - small price to pay for such a snug fit

4 hours ago, mr_mcp said:

Still on my to-do list, but I'll be opting for the larger cut-out approach.

Have you offered them up on your current cycle wing brackets? Mine looked too far out for my liking, against 13" wheels. I plan to adapt my brackets to bring them in a bit closer to the tyres.

I've got a bit of cutting and welding to get mine onto my brackets,as I'm using Sierra uprights with MK wing brackets :)

11 hours ago, CraigHew said:

What's the benefit of cutting a vent?

Taken from Marks description; 

"This provides options for venting air from underneath, so helping to limit any 'lift'-effect at speed"

No vents allowed in racing or sprints and hillclimbs

2 minutes ago, terry everall said:

No vents allowed in racing or sprints and hillclimbs

Don't think that will worry @CosKev as he doesn't race or sprint anywhere these days...:-)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CraigHew said:

Don't think that will worry @CosKev as he doesn't race or sprint anywhere these days...:-)

That's rich coming from the retired man!:arse:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CosKev said:

Taken from Marks description; 

"This provides options for venting air from underneath, so helping to limit any 'lift'-effect at speed"

Not required for a fat knacker like me. I could have them daft old car wings at 200 mph and the only lift I would have is flatulence..............:oops:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2018 at 19:42, Thrustyjust said:

Not required for a fat knacker like me. I could have them daft old car wings at 200 mph and the only lift I would have is flatulence..............:oops:

Pretty sure it must mean to stop the wings trying to be ripped off the stays? :)

I've cut the vent holes in them now,pics tomorrow once the Tiger Seal fixing the mesh down has gone off.

A row of round holes didn't look right,so went for Marks suggestion of one big cut out and mesh behind it:sun:

• Like 3

I don’t think random lines of holes ever do; it looks like the sort of in the pits quick fix you’d possibly make on a track car to get back out into the race. So fine on a race car, or race replica. On a road/track day car, I think your way is much better.

• Haha 1