Ashbourne, Peak District, Sun 15th April LEAVING AT 11.30

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Halfords, Ashbourne, 11.30 YES THAT IS LATER THAN USUAL 11.30 for a skip around the Peak District.

PLEASE BE READY TO LEAVE AT 11.30 I have just spoken to the pub (Fri night) and they can only fit us in at 12.30

I get stranger as I get older, so are you ready? I am giving blood at the leisure centre first thing, so that is why we are meeting later. That should be good, they make you drink a pint of water first!!! 

• Like 1

I am in negotiations for this one. As it is a later start, I am thinking of picking up Big Bro from Winkfield and bringing him. A short run out may be of more interest as the car may be slightly uncomfortable for him. This would be weather dependant. Are you planning a route ending back in Ashbourne area? Maybe I could get afternoon tea in Winkfield?

• Like 1

What do you call a 'short run out' half hour? hour? From memory, I think Michael lives South of Ashbourne? Winkfield is not on google maps. I can easily finish at Ashbourne or further South, that is no problem. Tell me what you want, I will wave my magic wand and make it happen. Oh, that does not include the sunshine, I ought to mention that.

Winkhill - sorry ST13 7QY.(A52 20 minutes north of Ashbourne). Short run would be all day with a late start - not cramping your style! Haven't asked him yet so I will call and see if he thinks it would be ok. Wave your magic wand!! 

• Like 1

The magic wand has been fully loaded and what a cracking route I have on offer. All the best hills and roads of the southern Peak District, leading us to a lunch stop at The Knights Table, Buxton. I will have to book a table because this is a very popular pub on a Sunday lunchtime.

* SO LISTEN EVERYBODY - LET ME KNOW BY SATURDAY EVENING IF YOU ARE COMING * or risk going hungry

If we leave Halfords before midday we should get to the pub for 1pm, so I will book a table for 10 then, heck, wake up Julie, nobody will even ruddy turn up. After lunch, we will go off piste again for 40 minutes to finish at The Cottage Kitchen Country Cafe, Bottomhouse which is only 2 miles from the postcode in Winkhill. Don't be on a diet, the cafe has a rather good selection of cakes and it is only fair to start making our way through their selection.

No pressure for you or your brother to come, Andrew, this is all a good plan regardless, but of course we would love to see you both.

Below is a photo of the aforementioned pub, lets hope it is warm enough to sit at those tables on their terrace.

DSC03617.JPG

• Like 1

Hope to make this one! :yes:

• Like 1

It’s a yes from Michael and me! C u at Halfords at 11.30. Looking forward to it. 

Sorry, I'll have to miss this one: I'm on a one man, trainer powered 13.1 Mile trot round Stafford making room for cake! Have fun folks!

Ah, I remember that one, it got originally cancelled due to the weather. Go for it Ian, when it hurts just think of cake.

2 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Sorry, I'll have to miss this one: I'm on a one man, trainer powered 13.1 Mile trot round Stafford making room for cake! Have fun folks!

Ah, I’ll leave the grease gun at home then!!

• Haha 1

I'll miss this, Sorry.  My car is back in service,  but but it's the   Derby 10k run on Sunday for me:(

On 4/10/2018 at 22:54, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Ah, I’ll leave the grease gun at home then!!

Yeah, I don't squeak yet...............

5 hours ago, Trevturtle said:

I'll miss this, Sorry.  My car is back in service,  but but it's the   Derby 10k run on Sunday for me:(

Good luck Trev! You should finish quicker than me!

1 hour ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Good luck Trev! You should finish quicker than me!

Don't count on that.. I only ran 8k for the first time in my life 2 weeks (aged 54).

It's getting better, but it's not quick.. If I manage 1hour 10 minutes I'll be happy

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

Don't count on that.. I only ran 8k for the first time in my life 2 weeks (aged 54).

It's getting better, but it's not quick.. If I manage 1hour 10 minutes I'll be happy

Oops. If you'd told me sooner, I'd have suggest this: https://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx It works very well , I've been told.