Speed Series Hotline

Marto303

Why does the Speed Series Hotline not give the OP of a question the ability to reply to the response from SSOT ?

Marto

That was the way it was set up Martin.  Im not sure why to be honest, but I think it was to provide definitive answers to specific questions rather that it diverting off into an unrelated debate.

If its about your handbrake related question I guess we could ask a moderator to move it to the main section so you can respond.

Mark

yes please guys 

Thanks Chris :yes:

1 hour ago, Marto303 said:

Why does the Speed Series Hotline not give the OP of a question the ability to reply to the response from SSOT ?

Marto

Unfortunately it’s a quirk of the forum software. There is no setting that would allow the original poster in the thread to reply but prevent everyone else, except for the SSOT.

The idea for the section was that instead of a question getting a dozen answers from a dozen different people, only one SSOT member would take responsibility for answering any one question, and provide a definitive answer in so far as that is ever posssible in motorsport. And that random answers from other competitors, which may or may not be accurate, should be excluded, to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave

I understand now, any further questions regarding regs I’ll post on here instead of on Hotline :yes:

Martin 

It’s a good reminder actually Martin, I wonder if we can get it submitted as a “feature request” to the forum software suppliers. Might not get anyware, but if you don’t ask, you certainly don’t get! :laugh:

Just now, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I’ll put it n “the list” :)

Excellent, that’s saved me the e-mail I’ve been trying to write between normal paying work!