Peak District, Sunday 8th April

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

4 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Here's one for you then Mart, how about a quick meet and get straight off to that gorgeous Chatsworth Farm Shop Cafe, for a posh breakfast, you know the one with the nice views. It shouldn't be busy at that time.

Afterwards we can do the road that has re-opened after the landslip, you haven't done that yet. Oooh, I am off to do a sun dance, pleeeease - no rain tomorrow.

Uh, just got your reply, Dave, begs the question, what are you 'playing' that is not cars????

Ok Julie, sounds like a plan, just organise the weather :sun:

• Like 1

Don't mess with @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary 

Dave was aiming at the upper circle, mine are the lower circle. 

IMG_8661.thumb.JPG.ff4ebc771d8b6d87429d7b60873e50eb.JPG

Many thanks to @Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator for the kind invite to the open day at his local range. We've both really enjoyed it!

Gave a nice understanding of the challenges of using older weapons!

IMG_8669.thumb.JPG.8bda2988a259d94b56ce956a639a96b3.JPG

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Great day, thanks @Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator!

0B5C36AA-E666-4DCF-A23D-4DCA7E746D90.jpeg

Mr Kinder, smoking slightly!

Ooops, I've let the smoke out again! 

Looks like you had a banging day, Honda boys :d

We went straight to Chatsworth Farm Shop and Cafe

DSC03635.JPG

And proceeded to have a full English, we got a window seat and enjoyed the lovely views over Edensor Church (if you can see it over Glen's belly that is) (I'll get me coat)

DSC03638.JPG

The till is strategically placed next to the cake stand and Martyn and I both agreed, as we were paying, that we needed an appointment in the future with the bread and butter pudding. So that is +1 to the Duke of Devonshire, your sales tactics work.

We set off on our land slipped road, it is very much a 'recreational' road, nobody actually needs to go on it, they just do it for pleasure. We had a rolling car show from the MG club, who were coming in the opposite direction.

DSC03643.JPG

DSC03647.JPG

We had a little drink at The Millstone Country Inn

DSC03650.JPG

Before taking to more great roads, and finishing at Tagg Lane Diary, where we went all the way from one end of the cow....

DSC03653.JPG

...to the udder

DSC03661.JPG

DSC03665.JPG

Great roads and great company, what more can you ask for from your car club. Just knowing Martyn and Sue alone has put me in a life long debt to WSCC, £27.50 per year does not come into it.

• Like 4

Couldn't make it today looks like you had a good one.

On the plus the car has 4 wheels back on and on the floor even started up first time. 

• Like 1

Thanks for organising another brilliant day out Julie, as you say great roads, great views and great company, fantastic! 

Thanks for your kind words :blush::blush: but we have a similar debt to WSCC too!

• Thanks 1