Members Car Pictures

Rusty Nuts

Hello All,

As we all like to see pictures of our cars, I was wondering if we could have a sticky thread for posting pictures of our Westfields. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything, as I was specifically looking for pictures of Westfields with flared wings, I couldn't find anything.

I have put a picture of my old Westy.

Mods is it possible to have a thread for pictures?

Old Westy.jpg

Er, we have a gallery?

The trouble with what you’re asking from a finding pictures point of view, is that unless people used either use a dedicated photo hosting website, AND filled in all the meta data info, or perhaps tagged their photos on here, extensively, there’s no practical way of searching the images to find a specific one, or a specific type.

With photo hosting sites, or applications - like Adobe Lightroom, you apply keywords to photos, such as Westfield, flared arch, Zetec, scary dashboard etc. Which then means you can serach for all the images with the “flared arch” keyword.

But this only works if people thoroughly tag their photos as they upload them, and while some people do, most don’t.

In fact, I suspect most people have even forgotten about the gallery, and just tend to upload photos to individual threads as they go.

Just added a quick gallery, all flared arches, but also all my car! The good news is, in members galleries, images can be thoroughly tagged to make it easy to search for similar things, the bad news, it’s time consuming and only as good as people make it.

• 5 years later...

Bit of a bump on this topic, I too have been unable to load a photo to the site. Tried copying my link from Google photos, also tried a link from Dropbox but neither worked. Searched for a how to guide on the site and could only.find this post. What's the best photo hosting site that works for this forum?

Cheers, Dan.

Sorry, yes;

We host our own photos here on the forum, on our own server, (we physically own the hardware at the data centre), so when we need more storage, the club buys another hard drive etc.

Therefore, we only host photos for Club Members who have paid to join the club. For those not members, while you can post links and embed pictures, they must be hosted elsewhere.

However, photo hosting is just one thing the club offers it's members; we also have everything from member discounts from our sponsors, (including on insurance), to a presence at the two major UK Kit Car Shows offering various member services. As well as the best and most comprehensive Westfield related Technical Support anywhere.

We'd love it if you did decide to join us fully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Trouble is Dave, this policy of cough up or shut up turns people off.

If i found something and was aloud to look id think friendly, if i was shut out

id say not for me.

1 hour ago, MR.C said:

id say not for me.

Good evening, Mr C

While I agree with the convenience of being able to look at anything and everything being a lovely thing... I do find myself often irritated by the plethora of freely available stuff online that, on vaguely closer inspection, lacks depth and quality.

So, what you refer to as "cough up" is around £28 per year! 28! I think it costs me more to fill the tank of my toy. 

Yes, I do use it as my daily, but even I have to concede that it is a toy. A toy that makes £28pa look like a very, very cheap entry fee to a very, very high value knowledge/fan/like-minded people base. 

• Like 2

We could always fill the entire forum with hundreds of pop up intrusive adverts to pay for things - then you could browse for free and be presented with this kind of user experience I came across today

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/articles/augusto-fernandez-and-pedro-acosta-confirmed-in-motogp-for-2024?utm_content=cmp-true

1 hour ago, MR.C said:

id say not for me.

Free does not always = friendly.  In fact, prior to 2012 when the forums were free, the place was anything but friendly.  And how do you think the hardware, servers, licensing agreements and everything it takes to run the forums would be funded?  Do you think it’s fair some people would pay for membership while others don’t and both have equal posting privileges?

10 minutes ago, Kingster said:

We could always fill the entire forum with hundreds of pop up intrusive adverts to pay for things - then you could browse for free and be presented with this kind of user experience I came across today

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/articles/augusto-fernandez-and-pedro-acosta-confirmed-in-motogp-for-2024?utm_content=cmp-true

🤢

2 hours ago, MR.C said:

id say not for me.

I've just googled it for further clarification 👍

''What is a club membership?

A membership club is a member-based organization that is composed of people with similar interests and offers benefits to the members such as products, services, exclusive access, or discounts. It is managed by an elected committee and runs with the collection of monthly or annual subscription fees.''

• Like 1

I haven't payed the subscription to browse the forum.

I paid it to be part of the Westfield community physically.

Go on runs out when the time is right etc.

I've no problem with the subscription charge on that basis.

Is there no more trial membership?

Ps kingster the site is just my cup of tea actually, better than crash.net.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MR.C said:

Ps kingster the site is just my cup of tea actually, better than crash.net.

Both are rammed full of intrusive pop up ads that appear as you try and read an article which makes it hard to actually read anything. Really pees me off. As soon as I go on any site that has that much advertising I just close it and look elsewhere. 

But each to their own…

• Like 4