A year in ownership, the blue brick 2018 edtion

SXRORY

So I had the car a little over a year and whilst I was happy with the looks I thought it could be modernised a bit over winter as it was a bit classic looking. I wanted to make it a bit more aggressive. 

Chuffed to bits on how it turned out.

IMG_20170202_154453.thumb.jpg.724d74acfadd67d7fd7edac1d6c561d9.jpg

IMG_20170202_154518.thumb.jpg.eec88048b0c29a3e8c139993c384da18.jpg

2018IMG_20180401_104010.thumb.jpg.bbedd439e4d208fee04f5df8517c0cb2.jpgIMG_20180401_104040.thumb.jpg.89bf0bb1269a07ebd8d670710b8a371c.jpg

Wheels powder coated in speedine gold (nod to my JDM roots)

Carbon nv arches and doors 

Stripes off eBay.

• Like 7

Thank goodness for that! I was half expecting to scroll down and see yet another black wheeled Westfield. (Nothing against them, my other car had them, and my current one has gunmetal), it’s just so nice to see something different.

I went back and forth so many times on whether to have gold on my current wheels. I’d even ordered them, before ringing up to change my mind! So good to see someone do it, I knew they’d look fab!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Thank goodness for that! I was half expecting to scroll down and see yet another black wheeled Westfield. (Nothing against them, my other car had them, and my current one has gunmetal), it’s just so nice to see something different.

I went back and forth so many times on whether to have gold on my current wheels. I’d even ordered them, before ringing up to change my mind! So good to see someone do it, I knew they’d look fab!

thanks 

I was never in any doubt. Always thought it looked smart on a scoobs so why not a Westy, they are no shrinking violet so just went for for it. Guy doing the wheels suggested white when he saw the photo's..... erm no lol

I think the blue and golds compliment each other (as you say much like Scoobys) not sure about gold with any other body colour tho...

• Like 1

Gold and red looks good with the right style of wheels; very seventies Ferrari F1 car! But you’re right, some body colours would just clash painfully.

Great looking car, I remember F1 Gold Leaf Team Lotus whose cars were red gold and white.  

• Like 1

I really like the livery but not sure gold wheels would suit?

5ac20c277d2c3_Westfieldlotusgoldleaf.JPG.8fc1d34d2e1ff9a468e61776419ae065.JPG

Hard to visualise, it might be too much though, be interesting to see it Photoshopped!

Surprisingly yes! But what it does say to me is that the basic livery on the Westfield isn’t right; I’m not saying it has to be an exact match, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. I just find it looks unbalanced, and that’s why adding the wheels was throwing me.

To my eye, there is too much gold, the thin pinstripe obviously works, and I think a nose band would work, but the big sweep from the nose and to the pinstripe just looks to heavy and unbalanced. Equally, the proportion of white to red looks wrong to me, the dividing line between red and white looks like it should be lower on the sides of the car and nose. In which case, the gold wheels definitely look good.

Just my thoughts though.

Thanks for the good comments. Just got to drive the thing now! Roll on the nice weather

Elise looks Bob on, the seven not sure. More of a bronzey gold on that livery.

Really like that. Done a great job and it looks tasteful too.

• Like 1