Easter Sunday Peak District Run 1st April

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

No, it's not an April Fool, I am really being brave enough to see if there is anyone out there that needs to escape the family and come out in their Westfield. If you can, then come and meet us at Artist Corner Car Park, Matlock, 10.30am for a run around the quiet roads, avoiding the tourists, and going for lunch at The Yonderman.

Would love to but I'll be in the White Mountains (New Hampshire) starting my 40th birthday celebrations a few weeks early by hunting large animals, ice fishing and drinking whisky next to a roaring fire I've made from scratch.

At least that's what I've been told will happen but I suspect when all that fails because I'm not an experienced woodsman ... the holiday will be spent finding a bar with a nearby McDonalds!!! :d

• Haha 1

Wow, I am having all on competing with family visiting, I definitely can't compete with that. What an amazing thing to do, please come and tell us all about it when you get back, with photo's of course.

Nope sorry. Cannot escape as it is Clare’s Birthday! Have a great time. ABC x

Happy birthday to Clare, remember Andrew, lots of pressies=lots of brownie points.

• Like 1

Sorry Miss Julie. 

Westie is up and running, taxed & insured (ouch!) but family is calling. 

Have a good ‘rain free’ run......

• Sad 1

I’m on the fence at the moment, just in the middle of doing a handbrake swap, but complicated slightly by a damaged mounting stud on the passenger seat. 

Sorry, my allotted garage time today seems to have dribbled through my fingers no matter how hard I tried to hang on!

Currently am mid handbrake swap, so have no handbrake and no seats in the car! :laugh: 

Didnt help that on one of our recent runs I seem to have grounded a seat mounting bolt and bent the end over. So had to spend longer than I’d planned cutting and grinding the damaged bolt out, before I can weld a new one in. Doh.. :bangshead:

Have fun if you do get out tomorrow, see you next time, hopefully.

That's the nature of the beast I guess, jobs seem to always take longer than expected. Not to worry, Dave, the tea pot will be warming for next time. 

We will be out, even if it is on our own, but rumour has it that Martyn and Sue might be joining us. Martyn has spent the day today helping Andy put his car back together, so we can find out all about that. Plus, my car is coming off the road on Monday, to have a Raceline water rail fitted, so we have lots to chat about. Lunch will most likely be at The Cottage Kitchen Country Cafe on the Leek to Ashbourne road, just in case anyone can dive out for a hour.

Happy Easter to everyone and hope to see you all next weekend :t-up:

Recent modifications have made my car less than driveable. So I'm grounded until the problem is resolved :bangshead: Have fun folks and hopefully see you all soon.

Head fitted and cams dialled in for Andy, Middleton Hall in the morning and we will see you at the Cottage Kitchen Country Cafe then!

Oh no, Ian, please tell me it's not the ECU?

What time Martyn? I have sent you a text

Sorry Julie, about 1.30 would be our ETA!

46 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Oh no, Ian, please tell me it's not the ECU?

Mmmmmm.... Ian didn't  specifically  mention modifications  to his car..only the impact  on the car.   Could  be another cake/doughnut  overdose? 

Sorry  :p

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

Mmmmmm.... Ian didn't  specifically  mention modifications  to his car..only the impact  on the car.   Could  be another cake/doughnut  overdose? 

Sorry  :p

oooooh, I am keeping out of that one.

Moving swiftly on, 1.30pm it is, Martyn.