Glorious day at Spurn Point.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Had a brilliant day today. Weather was glorious and it was nice to leave home not wearing a coat. Met with Dave and we headed for coffee at Hornsea Mere. I thought my luck was in again, as outside the shop there was a sign that said Beaver. Took a few minutes for me to realise it was the name of the boat. Next step was over to Malc's for coffee and we where made to feel most welcome. Di, sorry for the mess and damage but Malc said he would clean it up for us :d. Next stop was Spurn Point. Spotted sneaky policemen hiding on a long bend near the gas plants but we where good lads so no need to stop us. It was amazing how many wind turbines there are on the land but also in the sea. We wanted to drive right to the tip of Spurn but they have now stopped vehicles driving to the end as the road is washed away in parts. Dinner was at the local pub where we had magnificent views across the Humber and the Humber Forts. Thanks for the day Dave and also to Malc for the great hospitality.

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg